love versus lust

Hi please help me out with this one. i am losing sleep over this. i have a great boyfriend who i love very very very much. but i dont see him much cos his job training has kept him away for sometime. anyway recently i have been going out to clubs and i met a guy that i was incredibly attracted to. nothing happened of course but i stupidly admitted to my boyfriend that i fancied this guy. i regret this so much and its the most idiotic thing to have done, he is not speaking to me now and i just do not know what to do. i love him, how do i get over this. how do i make things alright??? please advice. i will be so grateful.

I think that you should explain to him that just because you fancied some guy it doesn't mean that anything was going to happen between you. You will probably never see the guy again.

Tell him that he is the only person that you love and that if you knew he would feel like this then you would not have looked twice at this other person.

You have to make an effort so that he can see how sorry you are. It may take time for him to forgive you but he will eventually.

Good Luck

abcd1234

In my opinion owning up to what you have done is never a bad idea. If there are not secrets then how can there be anything to worry about. The problem being is that your actions and thoughts speak quite loudly about your character. I've trained my share of horses in the past, and you learn to look for things. One is that where there ears point they will eventually try and go there. People have the same kind of thing, but it isn't so easily seen. Where your mind goes you will eventually try and follow unless you make a choice to control your mind. You made a choice to control you body by not doing anything, but that is like painting over rust. Just give it time and it will come back 10 times worse. As long as you let yourself not only like someone but also pursue them (I'm just assuming that you saw this guy more than once), then things are going to fall apart down the line. You made a choice to be with someone and now you have to make a choice to not do something that could endanger that. You have to control your thoughts, and that can be done even though it isn't easy.

God bless