Should I send her a letter or what?

Hi everyone.. I need some advice...so please stay with me, it's gonna be a long post--sorry.

Anyway, I'm currently 18. Out of high school and everything.

A long while ago (probably 1.5 to 2 years) I used to ride the bus sometimes. There was this one girl who used to ride also; I didn't really like her but I was attracted to her--it just wasn't that compelling I guess, and since I'm a shy guy I didn't do anything about it. At the time, it was no big deal because as I said I didn't really have a crush on her or anything. Or so I thought.

Fast forward to now. I keep thinking of her for some reason. The more I think about her the more intrigued I become. I no longer see her or I'd ask her out or something like that. I know her brother and I'm kind of friends with his friend; I was planning on telling him to help me out, but unfortunately I haven't talked to him in a long while.

The problem is--besides not being able to get in contact with her--is that she graduates this year, so she might be going off to college far away or something.

The only viable solution I've come up with is to send her a letter telling her how I feel. But I'm afraid if I do that, she'll think I'm some psycho for writing to her after this long.

When we both rode the bus, we talked a few times. She knew me because I knew her brother and his friend, but that's about it. I have a suspicion she liked me too, but she is shy like I am so that might be why she didn't act on her feelings either. Of course, I've never been too good at picking up signs like that so I could be completely wrong there.

What do you think I should do??

well i wouldn't send her a letter saying that, only because that might creep her out a little bit. if i were you i would find some other way of getting a hold of her and (like the phone or something) call her up and just talk to her. ask her if she remembers you and ask her if maybe she would want to do something sometime. thats really the best i can do.

hope i helped a little.

if you wanna pm me about it go ahead.

love QTpie87

Hi guys!

I think calling her would freak her out more than writing a letter. Remember, we haven't even seen each other in like 1.5 to 2 years. Calling her would be fine like a year ago, but I just can't do that now.

The only reason I think writing a letter would freak her out is because I waited this long to do it; basically after all this time, out of the blue I write her. Do you guys think this would freak her out? If it would, I know calling would do the same. And even if not, it would surely be too awkward for the both of us.

I think a letter is fine, but don't open up all your feelings to her in that...that might scare her off. Just tell her you'd been thinking about the bus ride you two had shared and that you were wondering what had become of her and how she was doing, what her plans were for college, etc. and very briefly tell her what you've been up to. I would keep the letter short. Don't talk about feelings yet. She would probably wonder where all these feelings are coming from anyway, and the act of sending her a letter at all tells her enough..that she's been on your mind. That enough to get you started and makes it easier for her to write you back without embarrassment.

RandyB

You guys have to remember....

if she did like you before, she would probably still have feelings about you or why did she like you in the first place?

what you are doing is holding back, and the more you wait.. the long this will take. heck.. you might still be Wondering whether you should send letter or not after another year or so..

This is a lot like a risk of thing, you may be right.. she might think you are a a crazy idiot after all this time..

but hell if you like her..

might as well as taking the risk

or what else could you do?

I think, something along the lines of...

Hi ,

It's been a long time since I saw you last. If you can remember, I was the on the same bus to school as you 1.5 years back. I just wanted to know how you are doing.

I am interested in talking to you regarding your plans for college, etc. I think you wouldn't mind talking to me about your plans over dinner in some restaurant. Are you interested?

Look forward to hearing from you,