Fear of good things happening

Nidania

Okay, this likely sounds ridiculous, but the feeling is there and I don't know what to do with it.

There's a few really good things happening in my life right now. Really good. So why am I sitting here marking off the days on the calendar trying to figure out when they are going to go away? I am so used to getting comfortable with something wonderful, then without warning it's yanked away. I'm afraid to get comfortable again, since it's only a matter of time before the good is taken away.

How do you get over that kind of fear?

You get over that fear by letting go of the past. The past already happened and thinking too much about it can cause depression...it can also lead you down the path of negative emotions. What happened...happened...it does not mean that things will be the same now.

If you keep thinking that things will keep going wrong then they probably will, not because that is they way things are "supposed" to happen but because you are going to subconsciously make them happen this way. Remember what we things affects out actions.

Remember the present is the only thing we truly have any control over...why not try to seize the moment and truly enjoy the wonderful things going on in your life right now!!

Okay, this likely sounds ridiculous, but the feeling is there and I don't know what to do with it.

There's a few really good things happening in my life right now. Really good. So why am I sitting here marking off the days on the calendar trying to figure out when they are going to go away? I am so used to getting comfortable with something wonderful, then without warning it's yanked away. I'm afraid to get comfortable again, since it's only a matter of time before the good is taken away.

How do you get over that kind of fear?

It's only a matter of time before the bad goes away.

And it did.

Really good thiungs are happening in your life right now.

Don't you see.

You're dwelling on the negatives.

You forgot the bad times went away.

Time to leave or break the marker which you have been writing on the calendar with.

I'm trying to live in the present and not worry about the future... it is so strange to have to make such a concentrated effort to do that. Carefree is definitely not a personality description of mine.

I never really thought about it like that... the bad went away too.

Don't worry most of us spend too much time dweeling on the past or the future..."ideally"

in order for a person to be "centered" they should focus 15% on the past, 70% on the present, and 15% on the future...

Notice I wrote ideally in quotations...

Just because you have had bad experiences in the past, that does not mean your future will be that way...remember the future is only a figment of our emaginations we have no real control over it and when we don't have control that creates fear...

Hurtful memories get stamped in our memories and do seem to overpower the good times unfortunately.

It can cause this negative train of thought and bad habit.

We have to understand that when things are good, take them for all they are worth while they are there.

Live in it.

Archived