Is she done being friends?

seralee

A few months ago, I went to my friend's hometown to visit her for the weekend. She moved a few hours away for a job, so we don't get to hang out very often. Since her parents live closer to me, I decided to visit when she was in town since it was easier and we haven't gotten together in awhile. I have to her house on numerous occasions and even went on vacation with her family.

While visiting her family, one night my friend and I went to the bar. At the bar, I met a guy who I ended up going home with and having sex with. I came home early the next morning, and I thought everybody was fine. But apparently, eveybody was putting on a happy face while they were angry with me. My friend said I had really disrespected her Mom and her family. I understand I was a guest in their house, but at the same time I am a grown adult and do not need people to babysit me.

But the real part of this story, it has been almost 4 months from this incident. My friend still rarely talks to me and has distanced herself from me. We were best friends, and now she won't talk to me. I really can't see how me having sex with a man can ruin our friendship. Can some explain it to me? I try to talk to my friend, and I have apologized. I even apologized to her mother more than once and told her I never meant to disrespect her when she invited me into her house.

I am sure I will get some very nice messages, but I am really not a bad person. I made a mistake that night. I owned up to it, and I don't see why it has completely ruined our friendship. It breaks my heart.

i think that's kinda sad that you're losing your friend. i think you made an effort to try to talk to your friend and things didn't go as you planned, but at least you apologized if you offended them. i'm not sure if there's anything more for you to do other than see if time will heal wounds. i think from your friend's perspective, you disappointed them or offended their values and perhaps their family doesn't want their child to associate with you anymore. hopefully, things will get better for you.

Archived