Am i just being stereo typical?

Loriana

Ok so i've met this guy through a friend he's 19, i'm 16. We got talking and eventually we exchanged numbers. The next day he called me asking me if i wanted to come out to see him and since previous relationships havent worked out that great for me in the past i promised myself the next guy i meet i'm going to take it slowly so obviously i was like no not today blah blah blah. i sent him a picture of me and he said that i'm gorgeous and i have a really cute voice thats why he wanted to meet me. Anyways i was looking on his facebook pictures and every picture is with him and guys like hugging eachother. I noticed theres this one where hes in a club and everyone around him is a guy, there is also another one with him and loads of toher guys shirtless in a hot tub together all hugging eachother. So this has led me to think he might be gay or he has alot of friends that are gay. i know i'm probably stereo typing but i just dont see alot of straight people of the same sex hugging eachother in that way. So hes rung me 3 times asking me to come out and meet him as he only lives a few roads away so now seeing those pictures and from him telling me im gorgeous and cute i'm totally confused cos why would a gay person tell you that?. Sorry guys if you think im completely pathetic and stupid im just curious if hes gay or straight. What do you guys think?.

it doesn't sound like he's gay. it sounds like he is one of the guys. there is a breed of man that however straight, is entirely gay around his friends. they normally don't realize they act gay - but it's a tribal thing. they hunt eat love live together. i personally need some space, but there are a lot of guys who need their bros all the time.

i don't think you have to worry about that. especially if he is pursuing you, it just wouldn't make any sense. it does in my mind point to a lack of emotional development and a bit of immaturity though. however a lot of times guys are like that because they haven't had a serious relationship to snap them out of it, to see how it's supposed to be.

it doesn't sound like he's gay. it sounds like he is one of the guys. there is a breed of man that however straight, is entirely gay around his friends. they normally don't realize they act gay - but it's a tribal thing. they hunt eat love live together. i personally need some space, but there are a lot of guys who need their bros all the time.

i don't think you have to worry about that. especially if he is pursuing you, it just wouldn't make any sense. it does in my mind point to a lack of emotional development and a bit of immaturity though. however a lot of times guys are like that because they haven't had a serious relationship to snap them out of it, to see how it's supposed to be.

yeah he does seem to be one of the guys and when i talked to him on the phone he didn't seem gay.

Could be gay. Could be bi. Could be straight, but very in touch with his gay side. Could be like the other poster said, he forms tight bonds with his male friends. I personally have a hard time seeing hugging in a hot tub as anything less than gay, but who knows? I guess you'll find out the more you get to know him.

hahaha a lot of my friends tend to get really close to each other just to act silly because they are comfortable with their sexuality; they are all straight but they are goofs. I'm not sure about the hot bath one though... maybe you cant try joking with him about that to get a reaction?

hahaha a lot of my friends tend to get really close to each other just to act silly because they are comfortable with their sexuality; they are all straight but they are goofs. I'm not sure about the hot bath one though... maybe you cant try joking with him about that to get a reaction?

Yeah i might do its just i dont know most of his friends on facebook are guys and i looked on his page and i think one was even flirtin with him.

Archived