What should I do next?

aks

I asked a girl to go out to dinner with me. She said she has to work for the forthcoming exams, so no, but thanks for asking.

I haven't talked to her for a long time before. But, I like her and I have the feeling vice-versa. So, it was only meant to be a diner, so that we could get to know each other.

What should my next move be?

The reason why I think she likes me:

She says hi to me everytime we see each other (about 4 times/day) even when she is with friends. Looks at me with a smile.

I'd say that you should leave it for a while. Wait until she finishes her exams and then ask her if she would like to do something with you, dont suggest the same thing, make it casual e.g. movies, lunch, walk in the park, something like that.

Good luck, i hope it goes well

abcd1234

p.s. please make your title more descriptive next time

• Like 1
The reason why I think she likes me:

She says hi to me everytime we see each other (about 4 times/day) even when she is with friends. Looks at me with a smile.

Okay dude, to be honest this really means nothing. A hi really means nothing, just being polite and not rude. Back then there a girl that alway say hi to me everytime I pass by her and she smile also. I though she liked me so I asked her out, then couple days later she told me she just see me as a friend =[

• Like 1
Probably the girl was flattered that you asked her out, even if she wasn't interested in dating you. In other words she took it as a compliment that you liked her enough to ask her out, so she is thanking you for the compliment.

That's where I don't understand.. flattered of what if not interested?

She was flattered that you wanted to go out with her, because you think she is good looking and good personality etc. By asking her out it was kind of like complementing her, telling her how good she is and how much you think about her. She thought, "Oh that guy likes me, that makes me feel good about myself".

abcd1234

Thanks for your patience in replying to me. But, I just want to clarify this thing in my mind.

According to you, since I like she feels good. That would mean she is very insecure, which I doubt. Otherwise, why does she feel good even when she doesn't consider me to be worth talking to? After all, the dinner was meant to be a way that we got to know each other better, not a date.

And she has been avoiding coming near me recently.

If anybody asked you out, no matter what they were like, whether you like them or not, it would make you feel good knowing that somebody would like to go out with you.

She has probably been avoiding you because she feels awkward, maybe she doesnt know what to say now. You should just act normal around her and then she will realise that you aren't holding it against her.

abcd1234