Wingman/Wingwoman

faithful14

ok well Im asking because my boyfriend said that if he were to be a wingman for one of his buddies and he got stuck talking to the friend, that it would ruin his buddies chances of hitting it off the girl he's trying to get with (if he were to say he had a gf). Meaning if he were to piss off the friend, his buddies opportunity to score would go out the window.

I think that's kind of inappropriate to not say you are in a relationship. I don't see how it would change anything. But he disagrees and thinks that I am overreacting. I don't think I am, but I would really like to hear people's opinion on this.

ok well Im asking because my boyfriend said that if he were to be a wingman for one of his buddies and he got stuck talking to the friend, that it would ruin his buddies chances of hitting it off the girl he's trying to get with (if he were to say he had a gf). Meaning if he were to piss off the friend, his buddies opportunity to score would go out the window.

I think that's kind of inappropriate to not say you are in a relationship. I don't see how it would change anything. But he disagrees and thinks that I am overreacting. I don't think I am, but I would really like to hear people's opinion on this.

Personally, I agree with you. However, I'd leave it alone if I were you. You will most likely not be there should he be performing wingman duties in the future so you will never know what he says. As long as you feel you can trust him, that's all that matters.

When you are a bar and you are the wingman/wingwoman, do you think its appropriate when your talking to the friend to omit the fact that you are in relationship? Do you think it would ruin your friends' chance to get with someone if you said that you were in a relationship?

I don't say anything personal about me. It's about making my friend look good.

When you are a bar and you are the wingman/wingwoman, do you think its appropriate when your talking to the friend to omit the fact that you are in relationship? Do you think it would ruin your friends' chance to get with someone if you said that you were in a relationship?

It doesn't ruin the chances if they are in a relationship.

Because, the job of the wingman is to entertain the other girls who aren't being hit on. Talk to them about movies, books, music.

If the girls aren't being entertained, they'll get bored and want to leave (dragging their friend with them). But, if they have some cool guy to talk to, they'll stick around.

I think omitting the fact that you are in a relationship isn't fair to your gf and will get you into trouble eventually.

Your boyfriend should be more concerned about his own relationship and "getting lucky" (with you) than about his friend's potential hook-ups. I think he's trying to fend you off with a VERY lame excuse. Just my opinion. Whether or not your relationship reduces his friend's chances of getting the girl is hardly your problem!! Please!!

Archived