1st face to face meeting, how big is the chance of chemistry?

fatcat1999

I've talked to this guy for a couple of weeks, we exchanged two phone calls, had great conversations, laughed and flirted and there's sparkle. He obviously like Asian women, and I was told I was "beautiful" by random ppl before. to me, he's tall, blond,average body type. I know I like tall guys, I like his voice.

we just changed one pic with each other and mine was my best pic and it's a very small one...

I guess I'm a little nervous. I wonder what's the chance that the chemistry still be there when we meet?

I don't think there's anyone who can even take a guess. I think it's easier to tell when there won't be chemistry such as if the phone conversation goes badly or if you are repulsed by a photo, but whether you will click in person, who knows. That's why if you plan a 45 minute coffee meeting and don't spend lots of time before meeting typing/talking you won't feel like you invested that much or got your hopes up.

we didn't change too many emails and didn't invest that much either, it's just that I've never felt that much spark with someone over the phone, so I guess my expectation is high. also I felt he's very into me and thus his expectation is high too.

nervous...hate expectations.

maybe I shouldn't hope for "instant chemistry" and give it a few dates for chemistry to develop if it's not there at the first meeting. by all means, he seems a really good match to me. hope he feels the same way.

I don't think there's anyone who can even take a guess. I think it's easier to tell when there won't be chemistry such as if the phone conversation goes badly or if you are repulsed by a photo, but whether you will click in person, who knows. That's why if you plan a 45 minute coffee meeting and don't spend lots of time before meeting typing/talking you won't feel like you invested that much or got your hopes up.

I have found that chemistry is unpredictable. I have had guys who I have emailed for a few weeks, thought we got on reeally well and was able to show my true personality, only to meet up a week later and then have them not call me again. Its all about chemistry as I look the same in real life as my pics and my personality is relatively stable accross email to in person interaction... sometimes it's just a vibe, and it's outside of control or predictability. Given you got on well online and during the phone convos, the chances are higher... Just have fun, be yourself and try NOT to focus on whether things are going well / if he likes you etc... but instead focus on having a nice time!

Ammy

we didn't change too many emails and didn't invest that much either, it's just that I've never felt that much spark with someone over the phone, so I guess my expectation is high. also I felt he's very into me and thus his expectation is high too.

nervous...hate expectations.

maybe I shouldn't hope for "instant chemistry" and give it a few dates for chemistry to develop if it's not there at the first meeting. by all means, he seems a really good match to me. hope he feels the same way.

There were many guys I had great phone chemistry with and none in person. Almost never had to do with looks.

Archived