Radiantly gorgeous classmate, HELP!!!

Alrighty, let me give you some background info here. I am at uni and have been admiring a gorgeous girl since before my engagement was broke off. I am usually very sincere and forward about approaching girls. I have absolutely no problem striking up conversations with whomever I want when we are out. But this is a different situation. We are in the same class, granted the class ends in about a month and we sit on opposite sides of the room, but it is still daunting in this situation.

Ok, I bucked up and started a conversation with her this morning. I did not ask her anything personal though. I don't know if she is seeing someone. I don't even know her age. I did notice her cutting her eyes at me throughout the class today though. That was new, she did not do this that I noticed before I introduced myself to her. I did manage to get her e-mail address and will be sending her some stuff to help her out in the class tomorrow sometime.

I was thinking about adding this to the e-mail, or something similiar: "I know this is an odd forum to do this, but I find you radiantly attractive and was wondering if your are seeing anyone. If not I would be obliged to ask you for your number."

Oddly enough I am at a loss for more words right now. Can anyone add anything or suggest something better? I am sure to be thinking about this during class and may make a few notes. But in the meantime......HELP!!!

I guess I should update this. I sent an e-mail just asking if I could call her sometime, I forget the exact wording. The next class we had together she came up and said that I could indeed call her but that she is in a relationship. I did not push for her number, I don't want to be calling someone that is in a relationship.

So the two weeks since then in class we have made alot of eye contact and last wednseday she even mouthed some words accross the room to me. She is such a pretty girl. We talk more now, I think she found my courage and honesty intriguing. Who knows, maybe one day she might e-mail me if things don't work out for her. We walk out of school together after class and talk during our breaks. There could be something there if she were not involved.

But at least I tried and now will not always wonder.