coffee date report

fatcat1999

I went out for a coffee date with a guy met online. we talked in email that we won't have expectations on both sides, and could just hang out as friends. I may have too much expectations but he arrived earlier and got his own coffee. well, I usually take turns paying when I dated some one but I don't really like guys who expect me to pay for my own coffee. and he obviously is shorter than 5'11" as advertised.

well. the date is ok, but I guess I should put the big "NEXT" sign...I've to keep meeting people until I find the one I want to date.

I went out for a coffee date with a guy met online. we talked in email that we won't have expectations on both sides, and could just hang out as friends. I may have too much expectations but he arrived earlier and got his own coffee. well, I usually take turns paying when I dated some one but I don't really like guys who expect me to pay for my own coffee. and he obviously is shorter than 5'11" as advertised.

well. the date is ok, but I guess I should put the big "NEXT" sign...I've to keep meeting people until I find the one I want to date.

you're blaming him for arriving early and getting his own coffee?

different ppl have different opinions but in my opinion, a guy who expects a woman to buy his own coffee is a chipstick.

i understand you may expect him to pay, but who knows why he was early? maybe his earlier appointment or whatever ended early and he wanted to drink while he waited? you're going to categorize him as a chipstick because of that?

i understand you may expect him to pay, but who knows why he was early? maybe his earlier appointment or whatever ended early and he wanted to drink while he waited? you're going to categorize him as a chipstick because of that?

guys I've dated before usually arrive and wait till I come then we went to the cafe together. It shows he's sincere and interested. coffee is not a big deal, but what coffee means is a big deal, at least to me. the same with "being on time", if a guy is late over ten minutes without appology, I won't see him again.

that's a gentleman's basic manner, I don't have time for those who don't have it.

guys I've dated before usually arrive and wait till I come then we went to the cafe together. It shows he's sincere and interested. coffee is not a big deal, but what coffee means is a big deal, at least to me. the same with "being on time", if a guy is late over ten minutes without appology, I won't see him again.

that's a gentleman's basic manner, I don't have time for those who don't have it.

i think you're reading a little too much into small things. but i bet if you felt a click during your conversation you wouldn't let it get in the way.

haha im lucky, ive been half an hour to dates but they still stick around.

i think you're reading a little too much into small things. but i bet if you felt a click during your conversation you wouldn't let it get in the way.

haha im lucky, ive been half an hour to dates but they still stick around.

I did stick around for a little over half an hour, it's common courtesy. I'd get my coffee and leave if I could.

...That's awfully judgmental. I've never heard of such a thing. He barely knew you, of course he expected you to pay for your coffee. This is the year 2009, girlfriend.

...That's awfully judgmental. I've never heard of such a thing. He barely knew you, of course he expected you to pay for your coffee. This is the year 2009, girlfriend.

I've said different people see it differently. in my calendar, as well as many women's calendar, a chipstick in 2009 is still a chipstick.

i agree he shouldve waited for you to arrive first and then go get your drinks together. but you shouldnt have expected him to pay for you since you guys were just hanging out 'as friends'. do you expect your 'friends' to pay for you when you go out with them?

i guess your conversation wasn't good enough either anyways so good luck moving on

Well, I do think you should be willing to buy your own coffee and I always assume I'll be paying for mine on coffee dates, but I can do you one better in the "guys not offering to pay for coffee" story category: I had a date once who loudly announced that he had a coupon for two FREE coffees...and then did not get me a coffee. He wanted to save the other free one for another time! I'll admit that that one annoyed me, lol...

Archived