Ex-wife broke into our home. SHOULD I PRESS CHARGES?

My boyfriends ex-wife broke into our house. She didn't destroy anything she just took our mail. The mail she took is important it has my social security # on it and bank info. I want to press charges, but my boyfriend seems hesitant on doing this because his daughter lives full time with her.

She has done stuff like this in the past and nothing has been done. I feel she needs to be punished.

Your boyfriend should contact his attorney for advice. This is a serious situation and should not be ignored. If she is willing to commit crimes while his daughter is in her care then who knows what else is happening.

This could certainly affect custody and have a serious impact on his daughters living situation. But put her needs first. Talk to the attorney and get some sound advice. Then make the best decision possible.

avman

YES you need to press charges. The same thing happened to a friend of mine from work, and she didnt press charges and got completely screwed. The woman opend checking accounts and were pasing hot checks in my friends name. She also opend a bunch of credit cards. My friend almost went to jail over the hot checks, and her credit has gone to hell.

You need to protect your identity, it is very important.

I agree TOTALLY!!! This is serious, girl!!!! Stealing mail is a crime in itself, anyway. Even if it's not in a mailbox. Tell your b/f that you understand his position but ask him to understand yours. Your identity is in jeopardy and ask him what he would do if your ex boyfriend stole his mail with that information on it. Be firm and do something..... if no one will help you, at the very least, take your b/f with you and call or go over to her house and demand that she give you your mail back and anything else that she stole. If she gets nasty or whatever, don't compromise your safety but tell her that you will take legal action if she does not cooperate. That is not right!!!!