I Like her more than a friend

There is this girl I met who I was attracted to almost immediately. I decided that I wanted to persue her as a potential girl friend. I started out just trying to be her friend, because it felt awkward to just ask her out with out knowing her. I always arranged any times that we got together. It has been a about a year now and it is still that way were I want her to be my girlfriend, but now we are just good friends. I have in the past tried to ask her over for dinner, but she takes it kind of weird. She will say stuff like, "My weeknights, might work better than weekends." She is always open to doing things with me but doesn't normally initiate them unless I bring the subject up, like "What are you doing this tomorrow?" She would then say ".... you should come along." It doesn't appear that she likes me more than a friend, but she does like being friends. She asked me over to her parents place for the weekend with one of her other female friends and we had a great time. My problem is, I want to be more than friends with her, but I don't know how to move from the state our relatonship is at now to being more than that. I don't want to ruin our friendship, but continuing to be friends just burns at my heart, because I want to be more then that. She hasn't ever had a boyfriend, but she loves her female friends,so it seems like she may not want a boyfriend yet. But then she talks about how she probably will end up bein a stay at home mom. We are in college, so it seems like she would want to start persuing a relationship. How do I deal with this situation? How do I find out what she really wants? I am just plain confused.

• 6 months later...

Well I hate to play monday morning quarter back but if you're attracted to someone in a romantic fashion it's always best to get that out of the was before you end up with a 'just-friend.' Telling her your true feelings will resolve the matter one way or the other. Whatever her reaction, you should feel relieved... nothing worse than having your feelings shut in tight. When I was in high school I was interested in this one girl the whole four years. I couldn't get myself to tell her until graduation night, although it wasn't really news to anybody. Things turned out decent though, we're good friends now. In any case, that's how I learned, the hard way.