What kind of signal is he trying to send?

JP_20

Hi all,

I am currently in a situtation that really baffles me. There's this one guy in my class that I am interested in knowing. He seems like a nice guy and at the beginning of the year, we would have alot of eye contact going toward each other. He also tried to pick up conversations with me when he sat next to me but he would often mess up and become quiet mainly because he is a really bad conversation starter. He's a typically quiet type of guy, and he doesn't talk much to or look at other girls in the class. So these activities would continue for a little while.

I am currently in high school btw. When midterm period came, he started to lose all the eye contact and conversation attempts that he was trying during the beginning of the term, and sometimes he seems to be trying to hide from and avoid me. I thought itmay be that he wants to focus on exams but after the midterms are over he continued to act that way. A little while later, he seemed to want to try again by establish eye contact and trying to talk to me (that opportunity never came) whenever I am around. But that would only be temporary, after a few days he would turn cold and unapproachable again. This cycle continues to happen over and over aftewards.

Recently, I overheard one of his friends saying something to him indicating that he's really nervous around me (he was sitting 2 rows behind me), which I took as an implication that he still likes me. But after that, he completely disappeared for a while, and when he came back he acted the cold/unapproachable way he became during the term.

I really don't know what to expect anymore. I am baffled. Deep within, I can sense that he does like me but I have no clue why he's acting the way he is. I am deeply frustrated everyday by the highly mixed signals he's sending. So may I please please get someone's advice? What is wrong with this guy and why is he acting this way? And what should I do with my life?

Thank you so much for your advice in advance,

Jane

maybe he just gets really nervous around you and acts like that to get your attention maybe he thinks that if hes cold and mean youll like him cuz he'll seem hard to get my advice is try talking to him if you like him and think he likes you ask him for his phone number so you guys can get to know each other better and get past eye contact if things dont work out dont worry plenty of other fish in the sea but just take a chance

This just seems so much clear to me that I might even be wrong...

Sometimes people are really shy! And there's nothing we can do about that. Well, this depends on the age, but since you're talking about high school, I assume that you two are around 16 years old, and this was my craziest age!

He seems very shy. And I'm almost sure he's not even conscious of his weird cold acting. His head is probably as confused as yours. The lots of eye contact at beginning was supposed to make you take a move. But you didn't, and so he thinks that you're not interested in him. He may be feeling very guilty because of his behavior. He probably thinks you hate him because, in his head, all that exists is you. And if you knew that, you would think he's a pervert... or something.

Personal experience: he is not moving any further than that just using his own will. If you want to know him, take a move on. Try to aproach him and look interested in him. He probably already got his signal: you're not interested in him... so you have to change that.

There's this one guy in my class that I am interested in knowing. He seems like a nice guy (...) He's a typically quiet type of guy, and he doesn't talk much (...) I can sense that he does like me

He's probably one of those guys who would ask: "Why do girls at first go with the flow, even smile and everything, but at the end they just look the other way?"

Don't do the eye contact thing and just keep waiting when we're talking about a shy guy...

OK... I'm fine.... I just get really upset when two people that could be having the time of their lives, are lonely and suffering because no one takes the first move.

LOL... go and have fun...

I've been in this EXACT situation.. only I was the guy!

I liked this girl so damn much. I spoke to her, flirted, eye contact etc. Then when she started to like me, I became so shy. I acted cold etc. towards her just like you described. But out of shyness! I really liked her too.. I also thought acting cold might make her like me more. It did... at first, then failed.

Up to this day I still like her, she still may like me, Im shy to change my behavior towards her. What could have helped? If she approached me and told me she liked me, called me etc. I would have preferred it and things could have happened. That's my advice.

Let me know..