I dated this guy for 3 years and we broke up for about 7 months and we have gotten back together... he makes me feel like he wants everything to be better and different this time and i can see some of his efforts. But he is still looking for a "good" job and just for example he stayed up until 7 this morning playing play station and then didn't get up until noon i don't know what to do should i be patient and support him or do you thing that he is not going to change

My opinion...if he is looking for a job and you see him actually doing that, then support him. But if play station is keeping him from getting up to look for a job then that is a problem. If he is looking for a job, a good job may not be the first that he finds, but I think any job will do if money is needed to pay the bills. And in the meantime he could still look for the good job.

Just my 2 cents.

Hi hellokitty,

Well Its good to hear that you got back with your ex. We could all do with some success stories.

I don't think it's a case of him changing, if he is looking for work then he needs to focus on getting a job. Play playstation will not help him, all it will do is take up his time.

I think he needs time to mature, when we are young we all like playing computer games but as we get older and mature we realize that it doesn't pay the bills.

Maybe you need to be more supportive to him, show you are interested in the jobs he is looking for and tell him that your proud of him. If you let him, he will play computer games all day, if you show an interest in his life and support him Im sure he will work harder at getting a good job.

Its tough being unemployed and easy to waste your days, but if you have somebody in your life who helps keep you motivated and supports you then it's a whole lot easier.

Be patient, but let him no how you feel.

slbg

I hate dealing with lazy boyfriends....I've been there. I would suggest that you approch him in a non-threatening way and encourage him to start looking for work. Try not to nag him. Start by grabbing him the paper or give him a web site address he should check out. But don't look for him. He needs grow up and take responsibility.

• 4 weeks later...

he left because he said that he was holding me back...and no i did not think that we would get back together but we did always still talk

things are kinda getting better he has been painting apartments for people and complexes but i still dont feel like it is stable and that is what i want sometimes i dont know what to think and other times i think that maybe i just think too much