i swore i'd never crush on a freshman.....oops

i'm a soph this year, and i never understood why all the girls in my grade thought all the freshmen boys were so cute, and they wanted to date them. but then, just a couple weeks ago i've been noticing more and more, this certain freshman. he's so hot. this isn't the first time i've crushed on a guy i've never even talked to before. and it seems weird because he's younger then me, usually i go for 2-4 year older, experienced guys. but i'm afraid he'll think i'm a weirdo if i just go up and start talking to him. we've never said a word to each other, but sometimes i see him glancing over at me. so is there any way i could get him to know me. remember i don't want to just go up for no apparent reason and say hi. help!

You say that you have seen him glancing over at you before. When?? Do you two have a class together? Some kind of extracurricular activity? Any kind of interaction where group work/study groups might be a possibility?? If not, do any of your friends know him. If a friend is willing to start a conversation with him on your behalf (of course, without letting him know that this is the intention) it is easy to walk over and casually start talking to your friend while she is talking to him......making it much easier to start a conversation with him. If none of these options looks like it would work, I would suggest trying to get in some kind of casual conversation with him.....I'm not reccommending just walking up one day and saying hi, I know you don't want to do that and I can understand why. But how about just some little offhand comment to him on the way out of class, about the teacher, and assignment, test, anything really! Good luck, and don't worry that he's a freshman.....I've definitely had crushes on people more than a year younger than me on occasion, and I am usually one, like you, to go for guys who are a couple years older than me.