poem about my bf and codependency

The background story of this poem I just wrote has to do with what I cannot get off my mind right now. I've been in a relationship with a wonderful guy this past month and I knew him a month before that. He's so sweet and an all-around great person with lots of love in his heart. He is a Christian. However, throughout his life he's been surrounded by friends and relationships that are unhealthy and his best friend just recently stole from him and has done numerous unfriendly things to him in the past. Now he wants to get a job working 7 days a week and he wants to move in with this so-called best friend. I'm in no position to really tell him what to do but it completely contradicts him telling me that he was done with this guy and also how he was planning a future with me and I was helping him to go back to school and job searching, etc. Now all of that is dropped for this friend and the thing will probably not work out anyway and his friend has lots of issues... a wife (and 3 kids with her), a girlfriend (and 3 kids with her), and some new girlfriend... and he steals from people and has no job. I hope my bf makes a wise choice. (And sorry I just rambled/ranted.. I'm just really upset about it and needed to vent...)

Here's the poem:

Your Codependency is Hurting Me

as if i was yours from the moment we met

you were my knight

quickly falling into your arms

we laughed in delight

inseperable; like best friends

we were a team

linked; two become one

it was a dream

faced with a demon of your fears

and i talk as if you're already gone

because in my heart i already know

something feels wrong

i see from my loved ones

you are bound to make mistakes

but i've given too much

and i can't stand the heart aches

god loves you

he's waiting for you to follow through

i just want you to know

that i will always love you

I loved your poem. Everybody has there goals. For him it is important to go through supporting this friend. There is no much you can do because he wants to help his friend: you can analyze it as a codependency, but really it is what he wants to do. It is like convincing someone who would love to have a great body to stop eating gallons of ice-cream and switch to broccoli and tomatoes. The person would understand how great that would be to eat vegetables, to feel light and beautiful and healthy, but then the person will go and buy ice-cream. The desire should come from within. May be your bf does not realize that you will not be with him if he chooses his friend, because you do not want to sacrifice your life resources on this guy with 6 kids. I would expect him to assume that you will be with him, because he seems to be idealistic and if he were in your shoes he would love to sacrifice himself. May be it would make sense to deliver to him your point of view the way he could understand. Because with all his idealism he would probably assume (and his "friend" will surely help him) that you are jut another * * * * * looking for comfort/services/profit and who has no idea what love is.

• 3 weeks later...