just wondering

ya know, i really dont know why im typing this. i just cant get it out of my head. im a pretty shy guy who doenst date very much at all. every couple weeks on a friday ill run by kfc and order the same thing. there is this chick that works there and she is really hot. i kinda joke around with her but not really (i kinda freeze up) and she is always smiling at me(of course its part of her job i know). the thing is, i cant tell if she finds me attractive or not. i look in her eyes and its almost like she does, or is it just me wanting her to like me. i dont know. it SUCKS being alone and i would like to meet someone. how could i possibly ask her out. should i just ask her or what.... maybe ill take a couple shots of jack daniels (liquid courage) before i go through their next time. i think the whole idea of asking her and being rejected is what really gets me.

The thought of rejection is pretty bad. But it's not so hard to deal with if it happens. You just have to think of it this way: Some girl could come to you and flirt with you, but she's a blonde and you're a redhead kind of guy, or she dips her chicken in mayonnaise before she eats it and you can't stand mayonnaise, or something dumb like that. You appreciate the fact that she likes you, you really do, but you'd still say no if she asked you out. Nothing personal, you're not dooming her to die alone or anything.

So, what does it mean if she rejects you? Nothing. You actually gain from the experience! The daydreaming was fun, right? I used to take rejection personally, but after realizing that attraction really is a game of chance, I didn't take it so bad anymore. I just move on until I see another good-looking girl and reset my sights.

As much as I wish there were an easier way to do it, you're just going to have to lay your neck on the block and ask her for a number. Next time, soften her up with a genuine, creative compliment, then ask her for her phone number in a casual manner. Instead of saying "What's your phone number?", segue into it smoothly: "It's a shame I don't see you anywhere but here. I'd love to get in touch some other way - what's your phone number?". That's all you can really do. And the liquid courage isn't a bad idea either - just don't get _too_ buzzed or you'll make a fool of yourself.

Good luck! I hope it goes well for you!

if you are on a speaking basis as it stands and you joke around with her, you pretty much have it in the bag already! I would go in there next time and ask her when she is taking her break. Spend her break with her. Buy her lunch either from there (ask her to join you) or from somewhere else and bring it to her. Make yourself a regular, so she knows what days you come b and what time to expect you. try to point it out to her if you can. "well, see ya tomorrow at 3" or "till tomorrow...same time, same place" Something along those lines. Things should ease up soon enough. then just ask her to go out on a date with you. "How about we take this conversation over dinner or a coffee when you are off work". I am sure she won't be able to resist you Good luck!