Feel so lonely - need to just introduce myself

to people. I am a pretty good looking guy, fit but age 40 now. Life is way too short to be this lonely. I was tempted to introduce myself to this gal who was walking out of borders just now but we didn't get the chance to make any eye contact. I am thinking of just introducing myself in grocery stores, etc to women. What do I have to lose? Ok some people will find it awkward but some people are also likely lonely like the girl in Borders tonight.

I have to do something different to meet people and I guess just need to have no fear of any rejection. I used to be very confident and am starting to get that back especially after getting in shape. Any stories from others here who have overcome being lonely?

to people. I am a pretty good looking guy, fit but age 40 now. Life is way too short to be this lonely. I was tempted to introduce myself to this gal who was walking out of borders just now but we didn't get the chance to make any eye contact. I am thinking of just introducing myself in grocery stores, etc to women. What do I have to lose? Ok some people will find it awkward but some people are also likely lonely like the girl in Borders tonight.

I have to do something different to meet people and I guess just need to have no fear of any rejection. I used to be very confident and am starting to get that back especially after getting in shape. Any stories from others here who have overcome being lonely?

If you are shy ,not sure if the cold approach is going to work for you.Chances of success are slim,even if you are good looking.I would try to find out some info about someone you plan to approach she single,do you possibly know any of her friends? If you have no problem going through quite a few rejections from the cold approach then by all menas go for it.

Hey bro loneliness is (if we are honest) one of THE most painful yet common afflictions today...but admitting you feel it IMO

takes guts because it does have a lot of stupid stigma attanged to it too ie as if you are weak for admitting it ...whatever!

And yet research shows repeatedly that a strong social support network is hands down one of THE most important

resiliency factors to help ward off dimentia depression physical illness etc etc etc.

I feel it a lot given most of my friends are back East and that I overinvested in my ex...so my breakup has been a cold look in the mirror in some ways too.

A few years ago just prior to meeting me ex I was doing a lot of online dating and despite having great success meeting a lot of nice women there was no real clicking occurring... so I decided to chill out and just engage in activities I wanted to explore...and that is how I met my ex via a hike on link removed followed by a group get-together at a pub afterwords.

For tips on dating I have found link removed and link removed more intelligent than many other "let's get laid!" sites out there....and link removed is not bad either.

This is but one of many ways...other ways as you probably know are volunteering or taking up a new hobby (mindfulness meditation is one activity I took up to help with my stress and just to get out there and off of my touche...you know having some scheduled time each week for so many weeks knowing I can give my head and heart a rest from thinking endlessly of my ex).

I'm also to soon join a baseball team for the summer.

Another site aside from link removed but not yet in my area yet supposedly is coming soon is called link removed..has a focus on meeting good people (and because there is no pressure you just might find someone too if that is your goal).

Good for you in admitting your loneliness and trying to do something about it...just remember that lovers come and go while good friendships are much more permanent ...and can be as equally fulfilling emotionally...and that is where my current focus is.

Anyone else wish to chip in on ideas to meet new people that have worked for them too whether it be for friends or love?

Lastly do any number of google searches on "how to meet more people" or whatever...get creative and have fun..and with the internet there is IMO no excuse not to come up with a host of ideas and resources and links.

Archived