Your favorite hair-removal products / methods?

g84

I wanted to ask the women here, what are the products that you like to use for hair removal (legs, bikini line, arms, everything).

For now, I use a regular razor, but I've been thinking about trying an electric shaver for women, and also wax (although my last experience with wax wasn't very good lol).

I am not really sure which brands i should look at though. I have tried looking for general reviews of products, but i haven't really decided on what i should try.

So, i'd like to hear what you guys like to use: brands, and any other information or advice if possible; thanks for your answers!

note-for my under-arms, i'm pretty comfortable with my razor (i use Venus), but it's for my legs and bikini line that i'd like to try something different, because i'm prone to getting a lot of rashes, no matter what i use.

ive tried it all. i usually get razor burn around my bikini no matter what, but i dont like waxing or cream bc you have to let it grow in a lil before you can use them... and i love to always be smooth and shaved. i use a razor on my arms and underarms. im hairy and like to get rid of it all. i pluck my eyebrows and the hairs that grow under my nose. i know, so sexy right?

if you arent concerened with always being smooth, use a nair type product. works great for me the few times ive let my hair grow... like when ive been really sick and havent shaved in 5-7 days. nair leaves it soooo smooth.

On the under arms I use my Venus (I'm sensitive), on my legs I use a Braun epilator (link removed).

I would not consider doing a bikini line with the epilator!!!

I can't use Nair or other "cream epilation products" as they don't work for me. I don't like at home waxing, but never got professionally waxed. The price is just too hefty for me to afford. The epilator was the quality-price compromise.

I shave everything. Arm pits, arms, legs, bikini [shave it alllll off]..I had problems with razor burn on my bikini for the first couple weeks I was doing it regularly..but now I don't at all. If you have problems with razor burn, try neosporin..the antibiotic ointment? Right after you shave apply it where you get razor burn...I did that for a few weeks..and now I don't even have to apply that and i'm bump free. =]

I've thought about lasering it all off..butttt..the expense doesn't seem worth it..and i'm comfortable enough with my SO to not be completely 100% smooth all the time.

thanks! I will have to try applying neosporin lol. I feel like i have tried a lot of things.

I definitely don't like shaving lol...it actually puts me in such a terrible mood

I think I will also purchase one of the Nair creams. I tried it a very long time ago, but i didn't really use it regularly.

I've thought about getting laser. Do you recommend it? How much did it cost all up?

I definitely recommend it. Hurts like crazy, but it's worth it. I had to pop a couple Hydrocodone before each session, ha. It works best if you have dark hair and light skin. Takes approximately 6-10 sessions, depending on how much hair you have.

Cost: I paid $3,000 for everything I mentioned--all legs, underarm and bikini. I only did bikini, not Brazilian (honestly mostly because it hurt too much), so when I want to be bare I just shave. I might invest in waxing later on in life when I can afford it.

I definitely recommend it. Hurts like crazy, but it's worth it. I had to pop a couple Hydrocodone before each session, ha. It works best if you have dark hair and light skin. Takes approximately 6-10 sessions, depending on how much hair you have.

Cost: I paid $3,000 for everything I mentioned--all legs, underarm and bikini. I only did bikini, not Brazilian (honestly mostly because it hurt too much), so when I want to be bare I just shave. I might invest in waxing later on in life when I can afford it.

That's not bad for all of that. I'm not scared of the pain from the procedure. I'm more scared of the emotional pain from the massive dent it will leave on my credit card. $3000 is not bad for all that though. I've seen it advertised for about $500 per session for underarms. I thought that was a bit steep. I don't want to get ripped off. But I do have dark hair and white skin! I know I would be perfect for it.

A couple more questions if you don't mind: Did you get it done at a dermatologist or one of those spas? How do I go about finding somewhere that's not going to melt my skin off? I've heard stories...

Parissa is the brand that has been recommended to me before, i think i might try it out! The only waxes i've tried so far are..

Neet and Nads..i think that was it. I'm not very good with waxing though..

I've never tried epilating..i will consider it too!

Parissa is really good, but sooo sticky. I nearly glued my vagina together with that stuff when the bottle of oil broke! I don't even bother with sally hansen. It doesn't work for me.

Sorry, I had to LOL at that! Sometimes I use Gigi bikini wax, but the pain level varies tremendously depending where I am in my cycle.

Parissa is the brand that has been recommended to me before, i think i might try it out! The only waxes i've tried so far are..

Neet and Nads..i think that was it. I'm not very good with waxing though..

I've never tried epilating..i will consider it too!

Yes, definitely try Parissa! I bought a really cheap epilator and I've found that it tends to break the hairs rather than pull them out. Does anyone have this problem with higher end models? If not, I should probably head over to Sharper Image.

I use Parissa wax strips for my face. More expensive than Sally Hansen but works so much better. Shave everywhere else, but I have some tummy hair that I hate. Wax? Epilate?

I epilate my tummy hair. Wooh. lol. I'm Middle Eastern and we are H-A-I-R-Y! I epilate my arms too.

I shave everything else. I can't stand the pain of waxing/epilation. If someone offered me laser for free, though...

>_>

<_>

I just bought a link removed electric women's razor. I love it so far, I have a close shave and it takes me a lot less time to shave than with the regular razor. I bought it for $20.

Oh wow that's a good price. So far most of the ones i've seen are a lot more expensive. For that price or a little more, i would try one lol.

A couple more questions if you don't mind: Did you get it done at a dermatologist or one of those spas? How do I go about finding somewhere that's not going to melt my skin off? I've heard stories...

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.

I kind of got a special deal, but they usually charge $500 for full leg, and then everything else is about half that for everything else--I think $300 for bikini and $250 or so for underarm. That's, of course, per session. I paid less because I did a one time payment for 6 sessions. It shouldn't cost much more than that. It will take about a year to be completely hair free, but it NEVER GROWS BACK. I have one more treatment, so I still have a little hair, but it's light and I only shave once a week, and that's if I am just being anal.

I got it done at something closer to a beauty spa but not exactly like one. They are all certified to specifically work that machine. The place I went to is called Skin Fitness--they do a lot more than what a beauty spa does (cellulite treatment, teeth whitening, laser hair removal etc.).

Um, I don't know exactly how to suggest going about finding a perfect place. I would just do A LOT of research. Make sure they know what they are talking about. They will tell you exactly how it works, what not to do (i.e. you're not allowed to tan), you will sign a contract about it etc. Look at the Skin Fitness site and find a place similar to it.

Hope that helps!

• 3 months later...

I just got Braun Silk epil Xpressive. It really is good. I am not a regular waxer but I do go get waxed maybe once a year. So I have coarse hair. I was pretty surprised when I just managed to do almost all my legs with it. The pain is not unbearable. It is more painful in more sensitive areas (as I went up and behind my legs it got more difficult). But I am pretty happy so far.

Archived