Twins

yellowcal

Possibly. I go in for another ultrasound Friday.

At my ultrasound today they said things looked somewhat abnormal (difference in sizes, low amniotic fluid as well as some other stuff that I don't even remember as it was just a blur with me thinking of the whatifs) but they want to do more ultrasounds and more indepth .. everything I have read online has been so grim and kind of depressing to be honest. I also have low blood platelets as well as iron and while I don't remember them mentioning it being related could the things be all related? (The TTTS and low blood platelets, or no..)

How far along are you? Are your twins identical?

As far as I know low blood platelets are not directly related to TTTS. Do you know if you had low platelets before pregnancy and if so, how was that managed? There seems to be a fairly wide variation of what would be considered normal to low blood platelets in pregnancy, have they given you the figures from your last blood test?

Do you have any other symptoms that might indicate that things aren't quite normal (ie severe headaches, dizzyness, excessive nausea etc)?

On the front page of the TTTS foundation website they have a list of questions and explanations that you might find useful to look at if you haven't done so already.

link removed

I've not read any of your other posts so I apologise if you've covered that stuff before. Was there anything else you wanted more info on?

My blood platelets are severely low now compared to what they were pre-pregnancy, I was put on different iron supplements and also put on a strict diet since I was already anemic pre-pregnancy and it's even worse now. I didn't have any of these problems with my first pregnancy. As for the nausea and stuff like that, I haven't had much at all.My first pregnancy I was sick the entire time and was actually hospitalized quite a few times because I couldn't hold anything on my stomach. Like I said I have another ultrasound scheduled for this coming Friday so I guess I will get more answers from my doctor or find out more.

Archived