Had two good dates

GoldFox3840

Well, after being broken up with four months ago, it was time for me to get back in the saddle. Met a really great girl online, we wrote each other a lot, talked on the phone a few times, and seemed to click, so we got together last week. It was just a simple gettogether, but seemed to feel right, so we planned for a real date a few days later.

On the date we went out to eat, and then browsed a bookstore. The conversation flowed naturally, and I felt very confident and at ease, and I thought I sensed a positive vibe from her. She kissed me goodnight (very passionately, too...), and we planned another date for a few days later again.

Well, yesterday morning I get an email from her. It says she just wanted to let me know that this wasn't going to work out for her, that she was going to continue her search, and wished me luck on mine. Ouch, didn't see that one coming...

Well, with the experience I've gotten from doing the WRONG thing all the time, this time I handled it more maturely. I wrote back a simple email wishing her luck on her search, and letting her know I was interested in being friends if she was. Still very hard to just let go while wondering 'what did I do wrong?!?', but I know that's just not something to ask, and, it probably isn't something I did wrong anyway.

Regardless, at least it was a very good experience, even if nothing developed from it. It's easier to see that there are other wonderful girls out there besides my ex now (and more mature ones, at that...).

Anyway, I am curious about something, and just thought I'd see what people thought. When telling a friend about the dates, they said I handled things very well, and who knows, she might change her mind one day. I'm not counting on that in the least, but it got me wondering, has anyone ever ended things after a couple dates, and then later decided they might have jumped the gun? Again, I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm moving on, I just ask the question out of curiosity.

Thanks everyone!

I can't say that I've ever ended things too quickly and felt like I've jumped the gun. However, I have done what she did and ended dates seemingly very well, but something didn't sit right with me so I decided to end it. It could be so miniscule you won't know...for me it was this simple thing...when we went out to dinner she didn't even bring her wallet. It was as if it was expected I would pay. Of course, I was going to pay, but courtesy says you should at least attempt to pay. Then, on top of that, she didn't say thank you. I kissed her at the end of the night, and even went on another date with her, but I couldn't see furthering it.

To make a long story short, I don't think a lot of people cut off a two date relationship and regret it and go back. People will break up in longer relationships and say, oh damn i made a mistake, and try and get the person back. But, I do think it needs to be longer than 2 dates. Just my 2 cents.

To make a long story short, I don't think a lot of people cut off a two date relationship and regret it and go back. People will break up in longer relationships and say, oh damn i made a mistake, and try and get the person back. But, I do think it needs to be longer than 2 dates. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, I agree with you there. I wasn't bothered by it, I know it happens, but when my friend mentioned that she might regret it one day, it just made me wonder if anyone has ever done that.

Archived