Does she like me? Her actions say YES Her mouth says NO

maalwi

Alright there is this girl that I really like (I've told her twice now) but she tells me that she just likes me as a friend. Now she does have a b/f and I'm single. She's 14 and I'm 16. Alright now down to the main stuff.

Yes she told me she just likes me as a friend. She really used to like me around 6 months and I liked her also but we didn't know the other like other. The way she acts, the way we look at each other in the eyes when we talk and I looked at some of the body language stuff and it says yes, as in the dilated eyes and the feet position.

We went to the movies with my cousin and her b/f and she sat beside me and every little bit she would rub her foot (she had her legs crossed) up against me around 3-4 times then stop. She did this like 3 times. Then we went out and were waiting in the car and she started laying up against me but it only lasted around half a minute or so before she moved.

This past weekend I went to her AAU Basketball Tournament and she would look up at me every once in a while when she was sitting on the bench. Then on the way home she got my cousin to sit in the back so she could sit up in the front while I drove. She told my cousin that, "She didn't get to ride up in the front much."

Please tell me what yall think? Is she scared to tell me she likes me? Please can a get a few guys and girls to answer. At least 1 guy and 1 girl, please!?!? Thanks so much for your help in my problem a couple weeks ago. eNotAlone has really helped me out, dont let me down this time!!!

im not an expert but this is what I think and my input.

1) try not to tell a girl that you like, that you do like them. This leads them to know your always there. They know "hey if Mr. Big shot jock doesn't ask me out, you will be there for her back up. I know this cause I used to do this to girls and had this happen to me before and now I realized. granted if the 2 of your are dating and seeking a more personal relationship, thats the time to let them know you care.

2) It seems like she really likes you but doesn't want to drop her BF and chase you. She might fears her gal friends would label her as a ....."girl who sleeps around with guys".... No girl wants to risk this. Perhaps dig up some dirt on her current BF. (had to change cause of filter)

3) her actions indicate she has something for you. I don't know too many girls who rub their feet along my leg constantly at the movies. When she rested her head on your shoulder and moved quickly after, she might have forgetten her BF or someone else was present in the car.

You could do several things"

1) Straight forward ask her whats the deal between you, her, and her BF. Get her thinking on who is better.

2) Intimidate her BF into breaking up with her.

3) Dig up some dirt on her BF or get him to cheat and inwhich make him break up with her saying you'll rat him out to all the girls unless you break up her.

4) Tell her its either him or you. You are fed up with the games.

5) Wait it out.

Personally, I would ask #1. then go try #3 and #4. Get him drunk at a party. Might seem wrong but all is fair in love and war.

2 Quotes for you on this topic as with most problems like this:

"Hesitation leads to masterbation" and "Every chance you don't take is a guaranteed fail"

Alright well for one, he's her age (14) also. I don't think he'll goto a party with me to get drunk. Also he's a Preacher's Kid. I did notice at the tournament this weekend that he was checking out alot of other girls. See that was on a Saturday and on Sunday he didn't come to the tournament and that is when she rode home with me. I've asked her straight-up Question #1 before and she told me the "I just like you as a friend." story.

I don't know I think I'm just going to take the #5 way b/c I don't want her all pissed at me for doing that other stuff. I don't mind waiting (and no this doesn't mean I'm masterbating) because I get to spend time with her anyways.

#3 would be hard to do because we goto different schools. I'm at the West High School and there at North Middle. I'll try to get some "dirt" (LOL) on him though.

She has softball practice this week and she said something about me picking her up one day. I asked last night about when she wanted me to and she said, "I dont know." Do you think I should just ask when her next practice is and then just instead of asking tell her that I'll pick her up and just get her to be sure it's alright and everything? That sounded sorta lame but I'm gonna go get her because I told her I would. It'll get us some personal time and also get even more trust out of her parents.

Speaking of her parents, I know her father loves me to death. Him and I are real good friends and her mother is starting to talk to me more now. I guess if they trusted me to take her home after her tournament (even though I just followed them) they'll trust me to pick her up one day after her softball practice. Also, (sorry for all this jumbled up but I'm just typing as I think) when we got out at her house after taking her home from the tourny I walked up to her mom and was like, "Well we made it back alive," and she said, "Aww I trusted you enough with my baby girl to ride with you."

Anyways just tell me what you think GUYS and GIRLS. Thanks.

It wouldn't hurt to make it to her practice and watch her. Tell her she was good and everything when she's done and offer her a ride. If she already has a ride, just go ahead and leave. She knows that you had enough thought that she might still needed a ride when she said she might need one. Score some extra points.

However, if she is still going the friend routine, you might want to be very serious. ask her intentions. tell her yours. Basically make obvious this is your last time you want to ask if there is or will be anything between you. You don't need to waste your time chasing her to be a GF if all she wants is friendship.

You may want to try the 'backing off' technique.

It can be a gamble but is usually a sure fire way of finding out how someone really feels about you. The trick is doing it in a way which is not obvious or is not effective.

Basically, you need to take a slight step back from her emotionally. That doesn't mean you ignore her, don't agree to meet or don't return phonecalls. Thats just being rude and she will pick up on that. You just got to let her do a little of the running.

If you don't come on so strong and don't chase her around so much, she may start thinking that your losing interest and if she cares for you she won't like this. Works for males and females, it's human nature. In her mind she will ask herself 'Why is he not interested any more, maybe I need to do something? Maybe I like him more than a friend?'

As I say, this technique does not always give you the result you want but it allows you to reverse the roles slightly and see how the other person is thinkin.

Hope this helps.