Can I Do This?

I have been seeing this guy for about a month and a half, but have known him for about 7. We have sex, but otherwise it is a pretty casual relationship. I think early on, I came on a little too strong and scared him off a little. I backed off and things have been better. We went out with a group of people Friday night, and he was at my side the whole time. We spent the night together Friday, and then I was stranded at his house (no car), but he didn't seem to mind. I went with him to run a few errands and we went out for a late lunch. I didn't get home until 5 PM! Anyway, I had a really great time with him, and felt like he opened up to me a little more. I want to send him a short email to tell him I really enjoyed spending time with him this weekend. Is that ok? I know it shouldn't be a big deal, but I really worry about what he thinks and don't want to mess this up. He told me when I was getting out of the car that lunch was nice, and I agreed, kissed him, made sure he knew how to get home and ran off (I get nervous sometimes!). I want to make him feel good and let him know that he makes me feel good, too, but in a non-threatening way. I know I am probably over analyzing this, but please help! This man makes me insane (in a good way)!

It sounds like you're doing okay. Be cautious about getting too close too fast again, as it sounds like this is what might have happened before. I'd say give him a day or two to be with his thoughts of what happened before you try to have much contact. When you do talk, try to judge his mood, and if he seems unresponsive, or distant, give him a couple more days. I know I can be like this. After a nice time together, I sometimes want a little time off to let things sink in and be on my own.