What to say when a relationship isnt going anywhere

enchanted771

Right now I am in a weird relationship. I see him once every 3-weeks. We get along great, hang out, have chemistry, etc. I am willing to see where it goes since its a very new relationship (less than 2-months) My question is: if I decide that its not going anywhere, what do I say without being a b***h??? if it doesnt happen, I will confront him, but he might just need to realize he will lose me if he doesnt so I have to word it right. Any ideas???

Right now I am in a weird relationship. I see him once every 3-weeks. We get along great, hang out, have chemistry, etc. I am willing to see where it goes since its a very new relationship (less than 2-months) My question is: if I decide that its not going anywhere, what do I say without being a b***h??? if it doesnt happen, I will confront him, but he might just need to realize he will lose me if he doesnt so I have to word it right. Any ideas???

No matter how you say it if he is into you he will be upset. So don't worry so much about HOW to say it, just be honest and let your honesty guide you in the conversation.

NOt sure i understand the latter part...what do you mean he might need to realize he will lose you if he doesn't? If he doesn't what? I did not get the feel in the beginning that you were fearing losing him or that you were giving some ultimatum...i figured you just don't feel it is going anywhere. So you feel he might think he will lose you if he doesn't do what?

If you see it going nowhere, better to tell him right away.

He'll be hurt but if you tell him calmly that you don't think this is working for you, I'm sure it'll be ok.

I'd rather hear something honest as soon as possible than be strung on for years [like i just have] to find out the guy "wasn't ready for a relationship" after 3 years together.

Archived