How can Dumpers Just Expect You to Move On?

WomanWriter

I think you're missing something here... Even when you first met her, got into a relationship, there was always a chance she'd up and run. You just chose to ignore that cos you trusted her, and more importantly because you were stronger as a person and knew deep down that you could be on your own.

The real trick that will potentially allow a successful reconciliation is to get to that point again. Bear in mind, she might even be worrying deep down that if she got back with you you'd dump her to equal the score. You can't get into a relationship without trust and a good dose of fatalism in a sense. Que sera sera. What it comes down to really is do you feel you can afford the time to make a mistake?

I think you're missing something here... Even when you first met her, got into a relationship, there was always a chance she'd up and run. You just chose to ignore that cos you trusted her, and more importantly because you were stronger as a person and knew deep down that you could be on your own.

The real trick that will potentially allow a successful reconciliation is to get to that point again. Bear in mind, she might even be worrying deep down that if she got back with you you'd dump her to equal the score. You can't get into a relationship without trust and a good dose of fatalism in a sense. Que sera sera. What it comes down to really is do you feel you can afford the time to make a mistake?

Not sure I know what you mean about time to make a mistake.

What I really will want from her is to find out if she knows why she dumped me. If she is still not clear then there is a potential problem.

I mean that you could be wasting time with someone who isn't right for you, time you could spend looking for or attracting someone better suited. Depends what you want - I'm 29 and am now looking for someone to have kids with, so chasing my ex who is 30 could work, might not, but I have a bit of time on my side. If I was 24 I wouldn't even consider it, got loads of time and will find someone else! If I was 45 I dunno. See what I mean?

I told my therapist the same as you, that all I wanted from her was anapology for how she treated me over the last few months of our relationship, something I was good enough to give her. And some real reasons, not the stock answers she gave me. But I will only get these if she

a) takes the time to figure it out

b) wants to talk to me about it

Neither of which I have control over. So I keep walking forward on my journey through life, and have to accept it might not happen. It's tough, I know...

Yep....doing the same. I haven't extiguished that glimmer of hope but being practical and realistic got to live my own life.

Actually one of my bug bears may be if she's slept with him...dunno, still pondering that one as after all i have had more partners through my life that she has.

Oh well I was wrong just got an email from her "Hi mate Happy Birthday

Hope you are having a good day. Thinking of you."

Not reading anything in to that mind you. Justa little suprising since she sent a text to my phone early in the morning.

Archived