Question for shy guys

katerinacs

Ok... so there is this girl that you've been looking at and you might be attracted to... someone comes to you and tells you that "there is a girl infatuated with you and wants to get to know you, but doesn't know if you're in a relationship..." Suddenly, it happens that this girl you've been looking at comes to you out of nowhere and talks to you and, in fact, she makes reference to the guy who had told you before about "this girl"... then you figure it out! This is the girl!

Question: Do you feel more shy (not making eye contact with her, being nervous, not saying much when being around her) because you know this might be the girl that likes you?

Or

Do you feel more comfortable and go for it?

I'd hardly spoken with girls, but with the girl I'm seeing now I just got the strength to ask her out from somewhere, it just felt right... it took me like 10 minutes of saying "do it... do it..." in my head, and she usually turns me into a bumbling fool, but if you just take a deep breath and go for it then you get your answer, instead of wondering...

All the best

Dan

I was a shy guy and I'm still shy, lucky for me my current GF asked me to come to come to a cocktail party with her (as a friend, she had no intentions with me at that time). Then I got the chance to talk to her all night (I pretty much monopolized her the entire night), and we started going out, then eventually we became BF & GF (within 2 months)........

But guess what, I still can't strike up a conversation with a girl I didn't know! I'm still shy with other girls, just not my GF.......

Just talk to her and be yourself, instinct will take over.

Well, I ask because I know this guy has been looking at me and he knows that I'm the girl that likes him back and I've already made the first move. I talked to him and he was EXTREMELY NERVOUS (no eye contact, etc), and when I say hi to him in the hall or something like that he does the same exact thing (no eye contact whatsoever). Still, he keeps looking at me and passes in front of where I am a lot (when really he doesn't have to). My question is: Is he waiting for me to make the next move again (talk to him, etc)? Or he is just plain not interested?

This guy is thought to be a very nice guy and he comes accross as rude to me, and I KNOW he doesn't do it with everyone, so I'm just very curious why he acts like that with me and why can't he be normal? Is it because he's intimidated?

Judging from the way he acts (passing in front of you when he doesn't need to), I'd say he has a crush on you. It sounds to me like he may be waiting for you to make a move. Some shy males will carry a crush on a girl for years and never do anything about it. You just have to be more direct with them. He actually sounds a bit like myself back in high school.

The reason he may come off as rude to you is because he may be trying to hide his insecurities. They are usually the reason why people become shy in the first place. Don't give up just yet.

I will take your advice and see what happens. I'm just scared to make him uncomfortable.

And no... shy guys are not necessarily nice, I think. My exboyfriend was really shy, which I thought was really cute and he is everything but nice. I know this guy is one of the "nice ones", because of what I know about him. If I would've known just a bit about my ex, I would've never even paid attention to him.

Well, I am REAL shy, and just for some girl to look at me, makes me look down kind of. However, when, if they talk to me, I may appear uneasy, and at first my face turns red, but if I were you, just keep a conversation going. The longer one goes, the looser I get. Just don't go too too far, just take it slow with him.

I'd probably go for it. If I know or find out that a girl likes me, I would go and ask her out more or less straight away.

To turn the question on it's head, I'd say that girls letting the boys doing the 'asking out' bit makes it all the more exiciting for me personally anway.

Girls like to be chased and to play hard to get? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I think most girls hide their affections, especially if their in a group.