Is he really flirting with me?

Amethyst

I'm 24-years-old and I have a (male) friend who's 44. We've been friends almost 2 years now. Lately, I've been feeling like he's flirting with me (nothing sexual). He always seems to notice what I'm wearing and has complimented me several times. (He even noticed that I cut my hair last week and I only cut off an inch!!) He's always teasing me (in a good way), and I've also been running into him a lot in unexpected places.

I have a couple other male friends with that wide an age gap between us, but they treat me like a daughter (and I think of them as father-figures). Things are different with him, though. Any advice?

Hi Amethyst,

Welcome to eNotalone.com.

From what you have said it does sound that he does like you. I agree with adrenalyn-x with going with your instincts because you know him alot better than we do so you should have some sort of idea. I mean the flirting is a sure sign that he's intrested and you said that your other friends see themselves as father figures and he doesn't. Follow you heart but be careful because it could always back fire, not that it will but there's always a chance. If you are intrested in him then return the favour e.g. flirt back with him and tease him.

I hope this has helped

Inu Yasha

Hi,

From what you've said, it sounds like he's flirting with you...I say that because I was having a talk with my (married) friends the other day (I'm the only single one), and they were all talking about how they remember when their husbands were dating them and they used to notice what they were wearing, and if they changed their hair/got a haircut, etc...and they all said they really missed that. This was the first thing I thought of when I read your post. So there you go...

Thanks to those of you who've replied so far!

As for the question of my interest in him...I suppose I'm a little confused on that issue myself. I really like him and even have a crush on him, but...the age gap makes me leary. We're 20 years apart, and I'm just not sure if we'd even stand a real chance. I DON'T see him as a father-figure and I DON'T believe he "loves me like a daughter"; yet, I just don't know if I'm comfortable going for that next step.

I guess the best thing for me to do is to flirt back (which I admittedly do a little of already). That should help me to test the waters and decide if I'm willing to go for it.

Anyone else have any ideas / opinions?