The New Girl... Should I Go For It?

Slagar

I have only been out with a girl once, and the reason I did, was because I had totally fallen for her… she broke my heart after one date anyway… over time, I have realized she was not really the girl I thought she was, but I am glad it happened, because it has taught me a LOT.

Now I am starting to like this new girl at our work… hehe. This is where I need the help.

There is a fair bit of attraction between us… I am pretty close to asking her out; I know she really likes me, and I really like her… physically, her sense of humour, we have a lot in common, we both enjoy each other's company; we connect. Like, for example, we talked on MSN the other day for EIGHT hours straight! With no dry patches or anything… it was quite wonderful.

… But: It's not like that last relationship I had... like, I totally knew I would ask the girl out, because I was absolutely head over heels for her. This new girl, well, I really like her, but it's not the same level of infatuation, you know.

Which I can also see as being a good thing though, because it means I don't get nervous or shy with her at all (which contributed greatly to the failure of my last relationship I can just be myself so easily. What I am wondering is, if I go out with her, are things likely to grow between us?

Like… I will probably grow to love her more the more we are together right?

Because, I am just sort of wondering "Hmm, I really like her, but could she really be right for me, or would it be better to stay as just friends?"

Especially since, the girl I went out with before, even though she said she'd like to be friends, she is pretty cold to me now, and would rather not talk to me. Not much of a friend IMO… and I don't want that to happen with this new girl, because I really enjoy having her around.

Also… there is a 3 year age gap between us which concerns me a fair bit (I am 18, she is 15)… which, in the long run, isn't much… but at this age, it seems like a lot sometimes. I am about to start University, and she still has 2 years of school left (including this year).

I am also wishing I had my driver's license right now; it'd make going out with someone a lot easier.

Perhaps I should wait a while… maybe until I get into the swing of Uni at least. I am having a few doubts of my attraction for her at the moment, but I will see her tonight at work, and that will just enforce how much I like her… (as does each time I see her).

Any thoughts or advice? Thanks everyone =)

humm..sounds like you like her man to talk 8 hrs on msn.. and as her

i was 18 and my gf was 15..i was not goin to university..but when i turned 19 and she was 16..i was able to go to bars and she wasn't.. she did not want me goin to them i think..she is young yet and so are you..so am I.. when me and my gf broke up i was upset and but i realized we was young yet and nothing lastst for ever..

just my 2 cents.. nothing to really help you.. i guess if you like her you should go for it..ask her out on a date ...take care 8)

Yeah, that's also one of my concerns... I go out to bars and clubs and stuff now occasionally... but it's not really all that great.

But it'll probably ramp up quite a bit over the next year though...

Hmm... perhaps I'll just wait it out, and see how things go... Time will tell I guess.

Thanks jony.

Hmm, yeah... maybe... the only mutual friends we have are those at work though, and well, it'd be a little weird...

I don't know... after seeing her tonight, I don't know how I feel really. I like her, a lot, but not enough to take that next step really...

So, I'll leave it for a while, and see how things pan out over time.

Thanks for the advice =)