Any advice for career change or working out what is for me???

luke2005

Hi guys,

i am 27, i have worked in offices for last 7 years i managed to get promoted 2 yrs ago twice i am now a team leader in a call centre, i hate it i am so stressed i nearly ollapsed at wrk 2day because of stress, i left half way through day, im not going bk tomorrow im going to work things out, i cant do this job anymore. what im asking guys is any ideas of good careers i can do?

i enjoy meeting people

i like talking alot

im a people person

good communicator

like helping people

im not organised

hate paperwork

hate process

love keeping fit

any ideas of careers???

or websites (free) that can help. im in uk guys

First of all...congratulations! Taking the step out of a situation that makes you miserable should be a load off your mind. If you are able to financially, take some time for yourself and relax, get some rest and choose not to rush in to anything too quickly. Think about what you really enjoy doing and what your perfect lifestyle/career choice would look like. Do you want to work inside, do you want to travel, are you wanting to relocate?

I've always been a big fan of visualization. Relax your mind, close your eyes and take a series of long slow breaths. Four seconds in, hold for four, then exhale for four. Do this from 5 to 10 times until you feel more relaxed and your mind is clearer, then ask yourself, what would my ideal life look like? Open your eyes and begin writing down all your thoughts. Do this for a few days and you'll begin to see patterns developing and you'll know where to begin taking action to move towards your ideal situation.

Blessings to you in your quest.

thanks guys, yeah maybe sport job would be good, but it would take a long time to get to a reasonable wage, im on 24k now and have some commitments i could afford to drop to 20k if im headin in right direction, i can only take this week off, then maybe 2 weeks in february to help aid getting a new career, i looked at royal air force job within sport, but im trying to look at other things as well to maybe keep options open , i only have standard school education, GCSE's 7 of them,

any other ideas guys or websites

If you know you are going to be taking time off around such-and-such a time, you should start sending resumes out a few weeks before, leading up to your vacation time. That way you can easily book an interview in that time slot.

It can be difficult to prepare for an interview when you're juggling work at the same time. That way you have some prep time and can research the role better.

ive just been looking at wor k in IT and computers, i was thinking about someone at my work, they seem to walk around various departments helping people, just wondering where i would start with that, im thinking maybe helpdesk which may b just under what i need, anyone know much about IT ( i know its a bit random, from sport to IT but just ideas)

Archived