Doubt she's pregnant.... but....

zachiphus

So my girlfriend's period starts on the first of every month, and like clockwork it started again this month just like it's supposed to. However, while she was on her period we had sex and I went inside of her. I'm highly doubting she is pregnant, because, 1)From what I know, it is more unlikely to get pregnant while on your period 2)She takes her pill ABOUT the same time every day.... always within an hour, I always have to remind her 3)She "cleans" her self out afterward in the tub.

The reason why I'm concerned is because I am in the process of breaking up with her and am hoping to God she isn't pregnant right now. If she is, I am considering abortion which is something I have always been against, but I know for a fact adoption won't work because she grows too attached to things, and I know I won't want to continue a relationship with her afterwards for the kids sake. So on the like 1% chance she is pregnant, abortion seems to be the only choice....

A pregnancy test cannot be taken until within a few days of the expected period either right? So a test right now would be pointless correct?

edit: No, I wasn't having sex with her knowing that I wanted to break up. We had sex, then things happened and now were breaking up... I wasn't using her for just sex...

Getting pregnant during one's period may be less likely but is nonetheless very possible. And no, "cleaning oneself out" does not work (well, mybe it does something for personal hygiene, but that's pretty much it). I suggest you start reviewing your information before considering having sex next time.

Plus, are we to understand that, while in the process of breaking up with a girl, you 1) had sex with her (well, whatever, it's your business, at least as long as she knew that you were about to break up with her and was ok with it), and 2) didn't use a condom? While you know she tends to forget her pill? (Since you have to "remind her") So what exactly were you thinking about?

She's probably not pregnant, but I do hope it'll serve as a lesson for the future.

Wow...don't you sound like a nice guy? You're planning to break up with her and yet you'll happily have unprotected sex with her knowing that. At least show her some respect and tell her how you feel and then leave her to find someone who will actually treat her the way she deserves.

As for the pregnancy, it's highly unlikely. However, I think you'll find that it's not up to you to consider abortion or rule out adoption for her. There would also be the option for her to keep the baby, but you seem like the type not to consider that as that would obviously involve some sort of financial commitment on your part even when you do break up.

Semi-retarded? And I was just about to apologise for getting the wrong idea

Nope, just those ones. If she's pregnant, it's not just your choice what happens with the baby. It would be her child too and I think she deserves some consideration.

On her period and on the pill you've basically got no chance though.

Archived