my hardest area

elvis_freak

Hi

i find dating to be the most difficult area for me being shy and without friends. when i meet somebody , it's always embarrassing to reveal the fact that i don't have any friends...i mean nobody. it seems to set it up at the onset that there's something really wrong with me. i hate it. i haven't been on a date for over 6 years now and that went really badly. i couldn't wait for it to be over.:splat:

Hi

i find dating to be the most difficult area for me being shy and without friends. when i meet somebody , it's always embarrassing to reveal the fact that i don't have any friends...i mean nobody. it seems to set it up at the onset that there's something really wrong with me. i hate it. i haven't been on a date for over 6 years now and that went really badly. i couldn't wait for it to be over.

How old are you hun?

It is hard, making friends. The best advice i ever received on friendship is "We are on the wrong track when we think of friendship as something to get, rather than something to give."

Are you shy hun?

social anxiety?

Are you happy in yourself.. with your appearance..?

I agree with the other posters, try to make some friends before you try to go out with people. If nothing else, having people to hang out with should boost your self esteem, and confidence is an attractive trait in anyone. If you want to meet friends or a significant other, why don't you try joining clubs associated with things your interested in, do you like sports or reading or anything like that?

Archived