Well I wrote my ex a letter explaining everything and she responded with I love you more than anyone and she wanted to take it slow before rushing anything and yet she wasn't telling me this at the time, I was being left in limbo but she said I blew it with my behaviour a few days ago.

I can't believe it. should I just leave it and see if she comes back surly if she loved me she would. I just feel like I've messed up and it's really playing on my mind that I lost her again just because I couldn't take being lead on anymore

Zen buddists say: you did what you could with the resources you had.

so do not criticize yourself, you did not mess up. What bothers me is that why she is manipulating your feelings so much: she says she loves you (an extremely powerful statement in a breakup situation), but you blew it with your behavior (what the ****? blew love? if you can blow love so easily, there is no love to begin with).

It looks like that she is keeping you on an emotional leash with this entire love-no love mess. YOu explained everything in the letter: your job is done. Let the no contact begin. You said it yourself, if she loves you, she will come back.