Photography thread

floating_away

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a few different species of heron in New Zealand but there aren't much near where I live.

Wildlife is my chosen area in photography and hopefully I'll be studying photography in the states next year.

You have some really nice photos, is photography for you just a hobby or a career? Here are a few of my photos, pretty much all of them are of wildlife.

link removed

no its my career has been professional for 18 years + i suggest you go for it and no matter what, and i mean no matter what STICK AT IT!!!!!!

i was fortunate enough to learn at the young age of 14 and get taught with monochrome and colour roll film. which i still use today as my hobby!

i am fully digital for my work, thats how i separate the pair.

it has given me a great deal of gratification in life and i have been all over the world with my job, and met many a famous people.

but ive seem some crap as well, like the social hardships in india, i spent 8 weeks touring and living like the locals in the villages and documenting there highs and lows, and i have seen some really sad sights.

for example, there were the kids of marrakesh, what happens is, the gangsters of india go into the villages of the poorest areas of india, promise the parents the world for their children and a good education,

and what actually happens is is that they take say a young child of say 5 either sex, and make them work in sweat shops. also they inject their limbs with bleach so it dries the joints and it cripples them.

after that they send them out on the streets of all the major cities begging! ferkin disgusting!!!! i have met the victims in a very secret location in india that are about 17 to 25 who have been recovered from sweatshops and the streets by save the children!

please note, india is one of my favourite countries in the world, there is good and bad everywhere, the indian populas are the most friendly people i have ever,ever had the pleasure to photograph! and the above is by no means a true reflection of the people of that fantastic country!!

this is one element of the darkside of the job. other than that its a great life!

you should go and speak to your local wildlife park and offer free pix of the stock, they usually have a broad range of animals and wonderous creatures, just imagine your portfolio, being boosted with big game images!!!!!! then if you prove your worth, they may offer you it as a freelance venture, but as ive said to light drawer go and speak to pros as you are to me and ask for advice, show keen, willing etc, that in my eyes will sway more than ten years at uni!!!!!! if you came to me with no real camera experience i would both give you a shot at it! only your confidence and enthusiasm would win you through!! then your images last!!!

jahur, yes, a nikon, but just the d40. I recently picked up on photography like 5 months ago and never before had any photographing experience. I've played with a point and shoot, but that was about it. Dslr is a new whole ball game for me. I photograph mostly nature, flowers, and the sorts. Initially, i started out as a hobbyist, a way to relieve stress. But i've gotten a few comments from people that i should pursue it professionally. Oh, what i would give to be a photojournalist!

Are you just a hobbyist or do you photograph professionally?

both: its my career has been professional for 18 years + i suggest you go for it and no matter what, and i mean no matter what STICK AT IT!!!!!!

i was fortunate enough to learn at the young age of 14 and get taught with monochrome and colour roll film. which i still use today as my hobby!

i am fully digital for my work, thats how i separate the pair.

it has given me a great deal of gratification in life and i have been all over the world with my job, and met many a famous people.

but ive seem some crap as well, like the social hardships in india, i spent 8 weeks touring and living like the locals in the villages and documenting there highs and lows, and i have seen some really sad sights.

for example, there were the kids of marrakesh, what happens is, the gangsters of india go into the villages of the poorest areas of india, promise the parents the world for their children and a good education,

and what actually happens is is that they take say a young child of say 5 either sex, and make them work in sweat shops. also they inject their limbs with bleach so it dries the joints and it cripples them.

after that they send them out on the streets of all the major cities begging! ferkin disgusting!!!! i have met the victims in a very secret location in india that are about 17 to 25 who have been recovered from sweatshops and the streets by save the children!

please note, india is one of my favourite countries in the world, there is good and bad everywhere, the indian populas are the most friendly people i have ever,ever had the pleasure to photograph! and the above is by no means a true reflection of the people of that fantastic country!!

this is one element of the darkside of the job. other than that its a great life!

my advice: If you have only just started taking pix and

you do it to de-stress then i suggest you get your ass to college and study more!!!! You have a natural eye, read books old and new, go and speak to your local studio/newspaper etc offer pix for free, get your foot in the door now!!!!!! Get as much real life camera experience as you can, whether it be a toad mating with frogs or

shooting toe nail clippings!!!!!

Then when you have a broad range of different subjects, you then cant say no to anything photographically!! I have seen many a pro turn down work cause hes never shot it before phuh!! Thats drivel.

Just go for it!