Now feeling guilty, need approval (or straightening out)

I  

36 members have voted

1. 1. I

• am a sanctimonious jerk who should mind his own business
    • am a over-concerned busy-body citizen but that's OK
    • did the right thing
    • should probably just let it go and let "chance" befall him (roving security - maybe he's lucky, maybe not)

If he is handicapped, then he can present his handicapped sticker and will get out of the ticket.

That reminds me. I have a handicapped sticker also, and yes, I AM handicapped. I was almost run over in the parking lot of my school last year by a teacher who was parked right in back of all the handicapped spaces cuz she was backing out at like 40 mph..

I was standing right next to my car, and i swear I thought she'd kill me.. Later she came up to me in the hall, grabbed my arm and said she didn't "see" me standing there, like that made it okay she almost ran me over.

Trust me, if he just parked there cuz he was late, that was not too cool.

Having a handicapped sticker is one of the few luxuries us handicapped people have.. Most people do look down their nose at us.. and just try getting a job if you have some kind of disability... it's insane.

I commend you clementine.

I would have let chance get him....

This reminds me of when I went on a "date" with a guy who drove his dad's creaky van and parked in a handicap space because it was "closer" to the doors. He had the permit because his dad has a disability, so he used it to his advantage. During a "date". That was sooo weird!!

I would be careful before you did that. Some people look completely normal but do have existing conditions that warrant the handicapped space. I have seen people look perfectly normal, but when I followed the into the store, I saw why they were allowed a handicapped space. If you are 100% sure this guy was not handicapped (don't know how you could tell without knowing him) I'd say you very much did the right thing.

Those people typically have it on their license plate and have placards. Trust me, they don't forget them.

Exactly as Karma said! And if he "did" forget it then all he has to do is show that he has one.

All the people that are saying he shouldn't of called and got the guy in trouble don't know what it is like to be handicapped.

I think you did the right thing. I am handicapped and can't walk long distances BUT I look perfectly normal on the outside. I hate the people that park in the handicap spots ILLEGALLY. That means I have to suffer in pain because they were selfish and didn't want to walk a few extra steps.

There are also the people like my mother in law that use a dead persons handicap sign.

Just to let you all know, it really hurts to have to walk from the back of the parking lot because idiots took the handicap spots. I call every last one of those people I find that do that.

I also get EVIL and NASTY looks from people, especially the elderly, because you can't tell from the outside that I am in a lot of pain.

Archived