Method is the same though, they still starve. Different reasons. But not different method. When it comes to those who are severely anorexic, they starve almost all the time. Fasting = starving.

I'm not comparing you to an anorexic, trust me, but an anorexic starves themselves, fasting starves the body, are you eating 2500 calories? No. You're not. You're eating WAY, WAY, below that. Barely even a few calories. If you're doing the water fast, you have zero calories.

If you do it a few times a year, okay, but I wouldn't recommend longer than a few weeks, two-three at most.

I just don't want you to get in trouble like many do with this.

I'm a 27 year old male, 150lbs

Fasted for 3 full days. drank lots of water and squeezed two limes, mixed with water during each day. Hunger pangs went away after day 1 and 2. You will feel somewhat week and "slow" be careful jumping out of bed too fast in the morning. It can make you feel somewhat faint at times but overall take it easy. I was not working at the time of the fast and recommend setting aside responsibility and taking a mental and physical break. Light exercise was OK (light swimming) but dont overdue it.

I broke my fast with a slice of watermelon (best flavor after a fast) followed by stewed tomatoes and cabbage, heated up in a pot (small portions). It was actually quite tasty. For the remainder I ate small portions and gave my body a day before eating full meals and including most tyes of food

Overall i felt renewed and mentally balanced. Its quite a good feeling after eating your first meal. Food really tasted good after not eating for three days. You cant go wrong. I wouldn't worry about loosing any muscle, you only go into starvation around 40 days, to which your body begins to cannibalizes itself (eats muscle). good luck!

thanks for your input! I'm definitely going for longer than 3 days. I'm allowing myself water and water with slices of lemon (to get a few minerals and some natural sugar, and to help melt fat like someone told me on here lemons helped to do)

But yeah, it's just to rid my body of toxins and to cleanse. And I have plenty of muscle and some excess fat so I'm sure I'll be fine. I don't mind if some of my muscle goes away anyways.

thanks for your input! I'm definitely going for longer than 3 days. I'm allowing myself water and water with slices of lemon (to get a few minerals and some natural sugar, and to help melt fat like someone told me on here lemons helped to do)

But yeah, it's just to rid my body of toxins and to cleanse. And I have plenty of muscle and some excess fat so I'm sure I'll be fine. I don't mind if some of my muscle goes away anyways.

No Problem. Thats not a bad idea to eat a few lemon slices each day, it will keep you from detoxing too fast, which can be quite unpleasant. My sister gave me the idea of stewed tomatoes and cabbage to break the fast. She claimed the cabbage acted like an intestinal broom, sweeping excess gunk from your colon. I believe she read this from a book written by Paul Braggs. Well, all I can say is it WORKS, and make sure a bathroom is within jumping distance...

Keep us posted with your progress (if you can) I would like to hear how its going for you!

No Problem. Thats not a bad idea to eat a few lemon slices each day, it will keep you from detoxing too fast, which can be quite unpleasant. My sister gave me the idea of stewed tomatoes and cabbage to break the fast. She claimed the cabbage acted like an intestinal broom, sweeping excess gunk from your colon. I believe she read this from a book written by Paul Braggs. Well, all I can say is it WORKS, and make sure a bathroom is within jumping distance...

Keep us posted with your progress (if you can) I would like to hear how its going for you!

oh that's a good idea. I was originally planning on breaking it with some V8 juice and some fruit juice for a day or two, and then gradually moving to solid fruits and veggies. So maybe ill do the tomatoes and cabbage right after that.

and I want to post my progress but I think people will get worried because of how long I'm going for. I'm gonna post my progress when its all completed.

Man IDK i love food, I cant imagine going without it for a day... Like I have a 930 class all the way till 315 i'm about to die of hunger by the end of it. (i make sandwhichs now) I don't view fasting once per week healthy what so ever. I know nothing about the topic tho... maybe once a month would be legit, but ghost has a point about like if you fast and are a lifter you will definitely show the side effects. the proper diet and proportions with a solid workout and you will be super healthy, even tho you look fit now... your just doing it for future health purposes?

Archived