How To Approach A Girl I Keep Seeing

redhotchilipepper

I keep seeing this beautiful girl on the subway that I take home from work and she is always reading a book. She looks very intelligent but I cant think of anything to say to her. Im pretty nervous but its not like I wont do it. I just need to think of the right thing to say...

I went out for lunch today and I saw her walk into the restaurant and order...right when she walked in I looked at her and she looked at me for a moment then I looked away but it felt like there was something there...cant explain it. I think she knows it was me in the subway.

Any Ideas?

She probably thinks you're stalking her.

Okay, I'm only joking. Make a comment about the environment you're in, in some way, as this is something you automatically have in common. For example, you could tell her (even if it isn't true) that someone mentioned some dish or other was good at that restaurant (or ask her what she recommends, which can lead to offering to buy her lunch), or make a joke about getting there before she did (which leads to a question of what she's been up to before). The possibilities are endless.

It is not rocket science man. You are over thinking it. You see her on the subway all the time. Next time she looks at you for a moment, just smile. It is that easy. If you are feeling particularly adventurous you can even say "hello". Guys are always looking for something witty or fabulous to say to start a conversation. Usually just a smile and a hello is enough to get things going. She is on the subway, she is coming back from work. You can just say 'How was your day?" Or take a look at what she is wearing or carrying and say something about one of those items. Dont make it more complicated that it is.

It is not rocket science man. You are over thinking it. You see her on the subway all the time. Next time she looks at you for a moment, just smile. It is that easy. If you are feeling particularly adventurous you can even say "hello". Guys are always looking for something witty or fabulous to say to start a conversation. Usually just a smile and a hello is enough to get things going. She is on the subway, she is coming back from work. You can just say 'How was your day?" Or take a look at what she is wearing or carrying and say something about one of those items. Dont make it more complicated that it is.

I agree a smile is always good and you could ask her about the book she's reading.

One approach that I always remember from a stranger...I used to walk home from work every day and there was always this guy sitting on his porch. We'd always glance at eachother and after about three weeks of this he came running over to me one day and gave me a rose and said something along the lines of seeing me walk by always brightened his day so he wanted to give me a flower. I thought it was really sweet and we did end up going on a date...it was a lousy date because all he could do was talk about what a horrible person his ex wife was so I never saw him again, but I still thought his inital approach was good. Maybe a rose is a bit too much, but maybe a sunflower or something like that would be good.

omg have I seen you before?

J/K. I take the subway too and yes I do notice people who take the same train at the same time as I do when I go to work. She probably did recognize you. If you notice she reads on the train, I'm sure she's aware of her surroundings (you know how some people go straight to sleep once they hop on the train - then I'd say she might not notice). If she's awake, maybe start saying hello to her. Nothing wrong with saying hello - give her a smile, a quick nod etc. Give her some familiarity with you, makes you less of a stranger, don't you think?

Archived