Friend's Girlfriend being really selfish!

OK, here's the story:

My best friend is going out with this girl at my school, but he has no intentions on taking the relationship any further than it is now, and wants to break it off...

problem is, his girlfriend is being really really selfish, and is threatening to commit suicide if he breaks up... which REALLY disgusts me, how can someone be so selfish, how is he supposed to feel?

She knows exactly that the relationship WILL end at some point!

this is really upsetting me, and i am quite angry at her too.....

any advice?

I never liked that either indee_vidual

Sounds to me that this is her first serious relationship, and she probably tried other methods of keeping him, I guess when she ran out of options, the situation became out her control, and she probably never experienced that before, and now she's is comteplainting suicide, I guess what she doesn't realize is if your friend decided to stay, it wouldn't be real but fake, Chances are she won't commit suicide, but you have to also have to give her the benefit of the doubt, My advice to your friend would be to talk to her and explain to her you can't stay together out of fear of her taking her life, and that it wouldn't be fair to him (your friend) let her understand this, I understand this won't be an easy task, But I believe your friend will be the only one to resolve this all, I wouldn't act out on your anger, this would obviously hurt the girl more....just have your friend condescend the whole thing easy..by letting her down easy...I wouldn't yell, but talk calmly and put everything into perspective..first loves are difficult

Regards ~rainswept

i agree with whats being said.

only i know this seems a bit out there but are you sure that shes being selfish or more so that she is speaking of her feelings and basically saying she is obviously in deeper than what he is, and this could really hurt her? it may seem selfish but it just might be a last act in bid to keep it together. has she had a past of self harming or anything? i know that my friend is in the same situation with her boyfriend and has a past with it, but now she wants to be with him still and its going great.

make sure he is certain on the decision before he makes it. and if so, the great advice above should be used *grins*

hope you understand what i put only i reackon i got a bit lost. lol

kel