what makes us blind?

Caterina

When I was crazy about this guy I knew...I kept going back and forth over the obvious incompatibilities. Its like that in all my relationships...they'll have this huge flaw that I can't ignore...BUT I swiped over. I'd chase them even though they were incompatible. I've been crazy about them...and wanted them anyways.

Its not until after the fact that I face a lot of realities and sigh in relief.

Today (and this has happened before) I looked at his picture and I remembered the way he treated me and I thought to myself..."was I insane??"

I"d never go back to him now, but at the time he was everything. WHat makes me so blind until I've really separated myself from the situation?

It's the honeymoon phase of dating someone. They're so new and different and they turn you on like crazy, so we have the tendency to overlook the things that later bug the crap out of us! It's normal and has happened in every single relationship I've been in.

It's the honeymoon phase of dating someone. They're so new and different and they turn you on like crazy, so we have the tendency to overlook the things that later bug the crap out of us! It's normal and has happened in every single relationship I've been in.

Well, I knew this guy for three years though.

In any case, I think that I think a lot more about him when I've been deppressed...its as if I have a 'victim-need-savior' complex and I look to men to fullfill that.

Archived