Meeting Someone In Person For First Time

redhotchilipepper

So I met this woman on the internet. We swapped pictures and everything so we know what eachother looks like but I am VERY NERVOUS. Im meeting her after work today and we are supposed to grab a bite and watch a movie but I dont know why I have so many butterflies in my stomach. I mean I know how she looks but the problem is I feel like she wont like how I look in person because she just saw my pictures. They were obviously me in the pictures but I feel like she will have a different reaction even though she said I look sexy...no matter how many times she sais that Im still nervous... I dont know why?? Is there anything I can do to make it easier on myself or I do I just have to deal with it

Were the pictures an accurate representation of your appearance? Or did you send her a few shots of Brad Pitt?

Ha....seriously, I sent her my own pictures...I have my shirt off at the beach..Im not scared to show anyone myself or my body...I think Im a good looking guy but Im worried about her reaction in person. For some reason I feel like she will see me in a different way. Maybe Im just over reacting and she feels the same way.

to illustrate; few months ago I met a boy from the Internet (kind of friend of mine gave my messenger to him) and when he arrived he said he had sent picture that was taken five years ago but now I still like him. There are so many other aspects that could be attractive like humor, same interests, being alert enough, caring enough, gentle, intelligence,..

Were the pictures an accurate representation of your appearance? Or did you send her a few shots of Brad Pitt?

LOL

People can look different in their pics, as to what they do in real life though. I mean, people can look ten years younger, if they know how to play with lighting and soft focus...which is why models/movie stars always look better in pics, than they do in real life.

I'd be nervous as heck too.....I don't drink, but think I'd at least, have to consume a glass of wine to help my nerves...GOOD LUCK!

I was gonna meet this guy and I'd told him that when he got off the train, I wouldn't go over immediatley. Told him he'd have to look around for me, see if he recognised me from my pics...lmao!! If he did....then that would be a good start.

Ha....seriously, I sent her my own pictures...I have my shirt off at the beach..Im not scared to show anyone myself or my body....

I've always wondered, why men will feel the need to show off their chests/bodies, in pics, on these dating and flirt sites? Site I frequent, there are lots and lots of guys posing, with no shirt on....and guys who havn't got all of that good a body too. Honest....you'd think some of them would spare a thought, for those of us who may have just eaten!!

Hey guys...so everything turend out great...very very nervous at first but after a little while things got better and I became more relaxed once I got to know her a little better. So far so good...I think it will be much easier the next time I plan on meeting someone in person since I have gone through it already.

BTW...in terms of my pictures. I didnt have my shirt off on purpose but they were beach pictures so I just threw them up...Im not trying to show off or anything. Im not a bodybuilder either but I consider myself slim and athletic.

Thanks for the advice everyone

I think it will be much easier the next time I plan on meeting someone in person since I have gone through it already.

Well you wouldn't be thinking about a *next time* being easier with someone else, if this lady was what you were looking for....so I'm assuming that although it went great, she wasn't particularly what you were looking for?

Well done in combatting the nerves anyway

just to remark in case you didn't that could also be meant as other people (just for friendship and/or networking,..) but LOL would be bit funny otherwise indeed (well not that funny b/c I wish O.P. best and nice girl already right now but just b/c of the special kind of contradiction)

Well you wouldn't be thinking about a *next time* being easier with someone else, if this lady was what you were looking for....so I'm assuming that although it went great, she wasn't particularly what you were looking for?

Well done in combatting the nerves anyway

Archived