He was breaking NC, and now he sent me THIS email???

I just got this email. I'm sorry to do this to you, but I can't believe I just got this email. He kept contacting me on text and email after what happened. I called him last week to tell him he can't do that b/c I still have feelings. He is the one that wanted to meet up in Fredonia when he was there. He's the one who textd me to tell me we'd be in the same area for the week. He's the one that kept me hanging for all those months, got back together with me the day before this girl moved here. And now I'm going to have to deal with the fact that I was just some side thing while he figured things out with her. I read this while I was at work and now I don't know how the hell to get through the rest of the day. I'm going to have to avoid our friends now b/c I can't deal with seeing them happy together but I don't want to give up our friends b/c of her and his stupid behavior. I just need some support. I feel so low right now:

Suzanne,

I know I have been avoiding and dodging you for the past few weeks, and I realize that it is time for me to just come clean and fess up. I wanted to meet with you in person like you asked, but I fear it might damage my relationship with Sarah. Since she got back to NYC, her and I have mended and are re-establishing our relationship. I am sorry to tell you all of this over email, but it was the only way I could get my thoughts down.

I am also sorry if in any way I have hurt you. I realize I have not been honest with you, or myself, or Sarah. For that I apologize profusely; I think I was just trying to avoid conflict....which is not a smart way to go.

I hope someday we can be friends, but I think we should refrain from contacting each other for the time being.

Sincerely,

Stephen

I hope someday we can be friends, but I think we should refrain from contacting each other for the time being

I hope you have classier friends than that! He did something that was hurtful. I am sorry that you have to go through this but at least you are clear on a few things, he isn't worth your attention and based on what he has done to you, why would you want to be with him. You can now move on and look for a person that lives their life with a little more integrity!

Well, at least you have closure and you know that you must move on.

There is no need to keep in touch with him after that email. He no longer deserves to be in your life. As far as "being friends", that is up to you. Since you have feelings for him right now, you should stay away from him or any information about him.

relax take a deep breath...you are in control of how life goes from here. His email was inconsiderate and didn't need to be sent. I never say never because I've had all kinds of strange things happen to me as far as relationships go. Do NC for yourself and get your head on straight. You will be better for it. I know you are hurt, upset and still wish you could be back together now but just put it on the back burner and give yourself time to heal. I tell myself there is always a chance and that seems to let me let go gradually like a smoker steadily reducing how many cigarettes he has each day. Eventually you'll be able to look at this without pain and hurt and things will be much clearer.

Archived