I've ALWAYS wanted to be hypnotized and I am a skeptic.

I think being hypnotized is more like having that excuse to reveal to your doctor what is exactly bothering you. Or maybe a state of calmness that you can actually talk about the real problem.

I know that I don't tell anyone about my problems. That's probably why I get stressed.

Well, sometimes I start to tell someone my problems and then they get that look in their eyes and I have to minimize or adjust to make me look less...uh...crazy or something.

I just always feel bad about telling people my problems. I know they have their own, who am I to rant about mine? But, my friends tell me about their problems. So, my logic fails there.

Has anyone done it? I don't mean the "Vegas show" kind of thing but the theraputic side of it.

Can they hypnotize to solve such general problems such as "being an idiot" or "get your act together" or some such vaguarities.

like, could they make you as wise as a 30 year old woman?

no, never done it.

my brother does hypnoisis. He is specializing in people who would like toi quit smoking. I'm going to have him hypnotize me when I have a baby so I don't feel the full pain of it. There are professionals in the phone book that specialize in that. I've seen him do it too. Plus he even did it to himself once. It's not like people make it out to be, it's just a REALLY relaxed state and getting into to someones subconsious and planting thoughts. It could be a great thing.

Archived