Some suspicions

Leon

Lately, in my bible studies one of my female acquaintances (we'll call her Sarah) there has been acting strangely. The thing is, I've been around her for quite a while (several years now), and we never really got a long well or associated that much. She was a little on the preppy side, and I'm kind of just carefree, but true to myself.

Recently I've gone through some serious emotional damage (still in the final stages of recovery I've been keeping to myself and just going off on my own to think. She has started to slowly follow me as I go off into rooms by myself. Right now it's at the point to where it's only a matter of seconds before she will come in. When she comes up to me, she struggles to converse with me, when originally she wouldn't even want to speak to me. She isn't really acting shy, it's just that she doesn't really know what to say to me and I kind of do the same thing to her cause I'm not into a lot of the things she's into.

She's been coming to see me at work for some reason, and the thing is, she comes to see me when I never told her my work schedule. And she comes in JUST to see me because she never buys anything...

She also seems to promote the idea that she knows me more than she technically should know me. She kept stressing the fact that she knew me enough to know the humor I seriously enjoy because I happened to like the show she recommended. I was explaining to her something I wasn't into, some kind of board game or something and she interrupted me, claiming that she knew. I had to hold back on yelling out that no she did not know, and in fact knew very little about me.

Then what put my defense system on full power. We were in the car and for the most part enjoying ourselves, her younger sister was with us too. All of a sudden out of absolutely NO WHERE her younger sister said that I should get a girl friend.

Where the hell did that come from? Her sister isn't even out of elementary school just yet and I KNOW her younger sister, she likes a lot of things that girls typically don't like, such as videos games and rough housing, and she HATES talking about dating (on top of being to young to think about it), so why the hell is she telling me I should have a girlfriend? And for all she knew I could have already had one. Sarah then replied laughing and asking did I appear lonely to her younger sister. I don't see how I did, as we were all having a good time in that car before that statement was made.

Well, I've noticed that Sara does not act like this with other people she liked, she generally would act annoying and girly as all hell around them, but she does not do that with me. So I can't say that she likes me and be 100% sure. But the way things have been going... Somethings not right... and I'm not sure what it could be...

Do people act differently towards people they have been getting to know and starting to like, as appose to people they already have an established attraction for?

Every girl acts differently around guys that they like and just because she may have acted annoying and overly girly in the past doesn't mean she would do the same with you. Maybe she's trying something different because you two have never gelled in the past. It sounds like she really likes you....though in a sort of stalkerish way. Being a girl that attends church regularly, I think I can safely say that church girls can be a bit scary and over the top when it comes to hunting down their future husbands.

"She's been coming to see me at work for some reason, and the thing is, she comes to see me when I never told her my work schedule. And she comes in JUST to see me because she never buys anything..."

I laughed when I read this because I've been doing the same exact thing this girl has (except that I actually DO buy something). Anyway, she likes you. If everyone can view the schedule, it's possible that she reads your schedule and comes in when you're working. Maybe I shouldn't be talking like I'm 100% sure, it's just that it all seems so obvious. "Sara" asked her little sister to say that to you, I'm very sure about that. She did it to find out A.) whether or not you have a girlfriend, B.) Put it into your mind that you should get a girlfriend.

When it comes to her acting like she knows everything about you, she probably is just nervous and really wishes that she did know you better. However, I feel like you should figure out first whether or not you are interested in her. If she's starting to bug you now, before there's any relationship, just think about how it would be in a relationship. Then again, maybe you're just annoyed by her nervousness and eagerness (it's there).

My two cents, she likes you.

Archived