I like a friend. I want a relationship. She doesnt know.

OK... here goes...

A while back I met this girl, and she was, well, hard to talk to at first, but then I started talking to her, and we made a lot of jokes against each other and stuff like that. Never really thought anything of it. Later on, I asked her to a concert. She went, but it really wasnt a date, just friends going to a concert. That was fine by me. Well guess what, now I like her. She has a great personality, and I really admire her in several ways, her personality, and her trueness. It seems when she is around the wrong people however, she is just like them, which is really kinda unfortunate. I see stuff in her that really makes me like her.

Anyways, we talk a lot, and all of that, and I feel like she is dropping hints in the fact that she looking for something to do. I want to take them as hints, and act upon them, but I dont really want to risk the friendship, even though its an early one. You know what I mean?

Is there a way to tell her? That I like her? When I feel she is dropping a hint, should I try? Ask her to dinner? See a movie? Or what. Problem is... She is looking for a relationship, and it doesnt seem that she would want one from me. Eventually, I think that she is going to find one, and I am going to be SOL, because after that happens, whos to say that this 'friendship' we have now, will disintegrate? thereforeeee making me want to take the risk...

I dont know, what should I do?

If you think she's dropping a hint - take her up on it. If she balks, you can always say you thought it would be cool to be able to go out with her as a friend since you enjoy her company - and if she doesn't, and seems excited or enthusiastic, you're probably reading her right, she's probably interested. But you'll never find out if you don't try, and if she IS dropping hints, she'll only do it for so long without you picking up on them before giving up - so see what happens when you pick up on one!