I can't take it anymore

I have this crush on a friend of mine, who isn't a "close" friend but we have hung out before over the Summer. For the beginning semesters, I barely saw her at all at school. But eventually I realized, at the end of the day, her and I would cross paths. We used to say hi and poke eachother and so forth as we walk by for months. A month ago, for some reason I found it hard to say "hi" to her as I passed by... Its a mixed feeling. And we havent talked to eachother when we walk by ever since. This drought I feel has dampened our relationship and I don't know what to do now. I feel stupid to all of a sudden talk to her in the hallways... but what should i do? Should i restart the occasional hi's then do something? I admit, I should've stopped her in the halls a long time ago to ask her to do something but I could not find the courage to do so. I care about her a lot and this is affecting me emotionally. I don't have a lot of girl/friends or anybody that can make me feel as good as she does. What do you think I should do or say to end this long time of no talking?

Well, for one thing, in order to end the silence, you need to say something. Try saying more hellos and howdoyados to her. Or, you can also try bringing up small things to start up a conversation. For example, complement her on something like her hair or dress, see what she says and try to keep the speech flowing. And besides, if you dont get a big conversation going, you can atleast know that its a win-win situation. You make her day by complementing her, and you are left knowing you atleast spoke to her. Hope things work out for the best for you.