This sounds REALLY stupid.. any 1 else?

JITMoney

Ok so this sounds very stupid, ut does anyone else have this happen.

Me and my ex broke up after 7 months. Things were getting serious, but some outlooks on certain things in life would make us fight or disagree down the road if we got marrried and had kids... (keep in mind i didnt care about anything.. i wanted her to be the one no matter what)

ANYWAYS...

When we broke up she had a song on her myspace.. BIG GIRLS DONT CRY, by Fergie.. it was the EXACT song for us, because when we broke up ( i originally wanted to) we didnt get back toghether because she said we had great times, but we were just too different in certain things.

Along to the stupid part.. when ever i hear that song... now its 2 months later. I am DEATHLY afraid of it. I seem to get heavily depressed every time i hear it, cause it reminds me of her, and its so true to our situation. OBVIOUSLY i turn the station or song, its just silly to me how i feel sick when i hear it. I still love her to death.. tried contact after 2 months of NC.. again nothing back.....

Main thing i am scared of is this pain will not go away.

The smell of your skin lingers on me now

Your probably on your flight back to your home town

I need some shelter of my own protection baby

To be with myself instead of calamity

Peace, Serenity

[CHORUS]

I hope you know, I hope you know

That this has nothing to do with you

It's personal, Myself and I

We've got some straightenin' out to do

And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket

But Ive got to get a move on with my life

Its time to be a big girl now

And big girls don't cry

Don't cry

Don't cry

Don't cry

The path that I'm walking

I must go alone

I must take the baby steps until I'm full grown

Fairytales don't always have a happy ending, do they

And I foresee the dark ahead if I stay

[CHORUS]

That this has nothing to with you

But I've got to get a move on with my life

And big girls don't cry

Like the little school mate in the school yard

We'll play jacks and uno cards

Ill be your best friend and you'll be mine

Valentine

Yes you can hold my hand if u want to

Cause I want to hold yours too

Well be playmates and lovers and share our secret worlds

But its time for me to go home

Its getting late, dark outside

I need to be with myself instead of calamity

Peace, Serenity

[CHORUS]

That this has nothing to do with you

But I've got to get a move on with my life

And big girls don't cry

Don't cry

Don't cry

Don't cry

Don't feel bad. I cringe when I hear songs that remind me of my ex or songs that my ex introduced to me or songs that I introduced to him. It sucks. Really really sucks, especially for bands that you used to like or like very much. I introduced Muse to him and it took me a while to listen through "Falling Away With You" without tearing up. He introduced Belle and Sebastian to me and I still find it hard to get through "If She Wants Me." It just sucks. But the pain does go away after a while once you disassociate the song with your ex.

It's actually called anchoring. The brain anchors things to certain feelings and whenever you see these things, here those sounds or smell those smells, you will feel the feeling you have anchored to it.

Because you anchored the unhappiness of the breakup to this song, everytime you hear the song, you will feel unhappy. How to change this is a little more difficult than getting it i the first place.

Usually someone with strong mental control can meditate on it. Play the song over and over and try to remember happy times. Try to think of the last time you had sex, the feeling of the touch, the feeling of reaching that org*sm. Actually, maybe you shouldn't, as that might make you feel h*rny every time you hear the song.

Play the song over and over while thinking about all the good times you had with your ex, or the feeling you had when your favorite team won the superbowl or when you won some money on the horses, the lottery or something that is just happy. Sooner or later, everytime you hear that song you will feel happy instead of sad.

Alternatively, you could stop listening to the song.

or really drastically, you could pierce you ear drums, this'll stop the dastardly song from invading your happiness! Note, I HIGHLY DON"T RECOMMEND THIS LAST ONE AND HOLD NO RESPONSIBILITY TO ANY IDIOT THAT ACTUALLY DOES THIS.

Archived