"Love" vs "In Love"

I don't think it always works like that though. I lost the "butterflies" for my boyfriend and chose to stay because I loved him as a person too. But they never came back. It turned into loving him as a friend and nothing more. That definitely was not something I wanted to happen and was devastated that it did. I'm glad it came back for you and I agree that the "in love" feeling is not always there. But I think that there's always a deep love that you feel for the person that you're in a romantic relationship with that is different than your other relationships.

Just wanted to add that it's not my intent to take you to task for leaving your BF, or to try to blame you somehow. I would, and have, left relationships myself when the attraction faded for whatever reason (usually because they did things to damage my attraction). It's totally possible and reasonable to love someone, yet not want to continue an exclusive relationship with them.

Thanks servedcold. I didn't feel that you were blaming me, it's just my frame of reference. With my first ex, I knew why I fell out of love. It was because he treated me horribly. With this current ex though, I couldn't find a reason. It was just gone. He treated me so well and is really a good person, but it just faded. I definitely made the choice to leave him, but I just don't feel like I made the choice not to be in love with him anymore.

I know the butterflies aren't always there. That's not realistic. But there should be times when they reappear. I wasn't getting that anymore. I think when you are "in love" you accept the person for who they are, not in spite of certain things. And even through the bad times, you want to live your life with that person.

IMO being in love is the active stage of Love. I don't think that you can ever love someone romantically without falling in love with them first. AS easy as one falls in love it's even easier to fall out of love but real true love has no pre-exsisting conditions. Can you love someone without being in love with them-for sure

Love is a divine expression of appreciation and humility. Love is not loud it comes when you least expect it. Sometimes it feels powerful enough to move mountains.

Archived