Is this man at work interested in me?

winter whiteout

I am interested in this man at work but I never go out of my way to talk to him. It is too awkward anyway because he is the manager of his department and I am in the back of the room in a different department. The other day I saw him walking by my department 5 times and he really has no reason to be walking by. I caught him looking at me a couple of times and the last time he gave me a nice smile. He was not that close enough where I could say hi. My question is if he is really interested will he pursue me? I will smile at him and say hi the next time we see each other but he is a very busy man and his boss is right next to his office. God I am in my 40's and feel like a 16 year old.

It's a good feeling, right?

Yes, it sounds like he is interested in you.

Well if you're not management, and he is, then there are most likely rules about fraternization in your company. He probably won't be pursuing you. Don't dip your pen in the company ink, so to speak.

If you're planning on leaving the company, then by all means pursue him.

There is no current policy that says you can't date someone from work. I have always said I would never date anyone from work but it's funny a lot of people I meet say they met their spouse at work. I met my ex at work a long time ago at another job. I guess I will just see what happens. I don't know if I should walk by his office and give him a suddle smile when no one is around. He seems kind of shy. I guess I will just leave it alone for now and see what happens.

It's difficult to answer if he's interested or not. You say he walked by your department 5 times and looked at you and smiled. Question is, does he smile and make eye contact with most people? Is it just the way he is? Or did you notice he did that with you only? I think if he is taking glances your way and smiles there is a great probability he is interestd in you. Keep in mind though, he is a manager, so he may be reluctant to pursue you because you two work together and alot of managers will not comprimise their careers to pursue a dating relationship with cooworkers. Your best bet is to start communicating with him via small talk and continue to give off signals that you're interested by making eye contact or smiling. Try to find an excuse to go talk to him, make small talk, those things are totally permissible and after talking to him you will get a much better idea if he likes you. But like I said, you may have to encourage him a bit as some people are afraid to pursue coworkers in order not to comprimise their work. All the best!

Archived