friends fully ditched me...

finittz

So I went out with some friends (2 girls, I'm a guy) which I hadn't seen for a couple of months now...they were always busy with school and I was on break. Anyways thats besides the point, so we finally met up today and we watched a movie and hung out for a bit. I said lets go outside after the movie was done and they said they didn't want to. Later they're like ok fine lets go outside and then I was like no (kinda jokingly because they didn't want to go earlier) but they still went. Then like 5 minutes later after they didn't come back for me I was wondering where they went so I went outside and they were gone. I pulled out my phone to call them and they had called, I guess to tell me they were leaving, but my phone was on silent. Then I called them and they said their dad had come so they left.

I don't really know if this is a fair thing since they did call, but at the same time they didn't even come back in to tell me they were leaving since I didn't get their call. I'm just kinda pissed off at them right now because I hadn't seen them in months and they were pretty close friends and then they just left without even saying bye. Then tonight on MSN I messaged them and said "that was dry" and just closed their windows and didn't reply back to anything they said. I don't know if what I did/am doing is over reacting or is what they deserve. I know I'm not going to be mad at them forever, but I'm just pissed right now. For someone they might not see again for months I just expected a bit more of a goodbye.

Anyways any comments or whatever on my situation would be nice...I think I just needed to get it out of my system. Would you have done the same? or what would you do?

If you're not their boyfriend, they probably aren't thinking that way. Granted, it was a little callous, but they tried to call, didn't get a hold of you, and had to go with their dad. It can be that simple. Just don't get too butthurt about it or else they're not going to want to see you at all, let alone in a few months.

And spitting out a comment like that and not waiting for a response or just trying to be antagonizing isn't going to win you any brownie points either. Be an adult and tell them how it made you feel. If they are close friends, they'll apologize and you can all move on.

Archived