where should i take her?

Forumzguy

I know this girl for a while now but we've never hung out or went on a date yet. I want to take her out sometimes but i don't know where to take her. We are both teenagers and there are a couple of places near where i live like going to an ice cream place, the movie, the mall, or maybe dinner? can anyone give me a suggestion where to take her on a first date?

I suppose it depends on how formal/intimate you want it to be.

Taking her out for dinner might be something that you should leave until later, when you know eachother better.

The cinema is the classic. But doing something completely and utterly different makes things more interesting.

Movie's always a safe bet... tried and true, my friend.

i disagree 100%. especially a first date. i wouldn't start movie stuff until you are like an item. you need to be able to talk and interact with each other. not staring at a screen eating popcorn.

I disagree ghost. I think at that age it can break a barrier when too intimacy is unnerving.

you get nothing accomplished at the movies. i think it's best to learn how to be intimate at earlier stages in life than later. i see this in a lot of people that need help here.

I don't think it's a bad thing to leave intimacy till later. It's the people who try and forge relationships so early on that run in to troubles.

Slower is better in my books.

when you say early on and later, are you talking about the beginning of a relationship or are you referring to a person's age? i'm not telling this guy to marry her on this date. i'm telling him to go to a place where they can talk and interact.

i think young people should learn the skills needed to date early on than later. everything early on is always good. i have never done the movie date thing and never will. i leave that for exclusive girls.

i disagree 100%. especially a first date. i wouldn't start movie stuff until you are like an item. you need to be able to talk and interact with each other. not staring at a screen eating popcorn.

Agreed. Movies are no good until you really know her, because you can't talk, but you could always make out.

book stores are fun too...i like to do this...dont be attached to her hip but wonder around come back to her initiate convo then go off again...its a great place to do a little push and pull...plus lots of interesting things to spark convo...and if the convo is bad go grab one of those would you rather books...usually a blast if you can be creative to why your answers are what they are. Barns and Nobles and Borders with a inhouse coffee shop usually pretty golden...there is one right next to my movie theater so sometimes ill do this as a double date...book store first...then we have an attraction already in the movie and if its good enough you can go straight to make out.

Exclusive girls?

I mean early in the relationship. It's good to take things slower so that they get to know one-another more, they feel more comfortable in eachother's company, etc.

if you take too long with no interaction, no nothing, the girl is going to either get bored or wonder if you are gay or something. you don't have to jump into bed either.

I wish there's an ice skating ring around here

we are just giving you ideas. saying we don't have this or that isn't what we are trying to do. jog your memory of things like this around where you live.

wasnt disagreeing but seemed the op needed more then generalizations.

how was me saying 'batting cages, driving range, etc. all excuses to get close and touch her' a generalization? those sound like pretty specific things to do.

Just wanted to say I agree going to a movie is a bad idea for a first date. You get very little interaction and you don't really get the chance to take anything further or to get better acquainted. Do something that will allow you to talk and bond. That doesn't mean you have to rush, just that a first date should end with you being at least a little closer to the girl.

Archived