do i still hold out hope?

huNNi2L0vE

So I like this guy James and he told me he liked me back right? The thing is he's black and i'm chinese. I grew up in a very strict Chinese cultured home and my parents are racist against blacks even though I'm not. So we hung out a few times and he asked me to be "his baby" and he held my hand a few times while we were out. We had a great time but then all of a sudden he said to me that he doesnt want to rush into a relationship. I tried convincing him into getting a cell phone so we can talk more but he said he cant. I'm getting mixed signals over here and am not sure what to do. My parents want to forbid me from seeing him yet I want to be with him yet he likes me but doesnt want a relationship? what is a girl suppose to do? I also asked him for his school schedule so I could walk him to class yet he doesn't want to give it to me... Any advice/ suggestions?

The guy doesn't want to be with you so that should make your life easier with regards to your parents. Are you still in high school? If so, then you should abide by your parents wishes for now. Once you move out on your own you can date anyone you like...but don't go after men who are clearly no longer interested in you.

I agree that you should stick to what your parents say, for now atleast. But maybe he's just scared. Although it looks like he's interested in you, I don't know if that's the case, (don't know how old you are) - so maybe he's just worried about what his friends will think if he's got a girlfriend, especially one that's of a different culture. (even if they wont say a think, he might still be worried - that's just guys).

Archived